tower blower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tower blower

I finally have my new haier at a good temp except of course for the tower. I have been doing alot of research on here about cooling it. I was thinking of just getting a store bought blower, about $100 dollars less the mm and just usung flexible pipework to the tower. I saw someone that had done it on here and was wondering how it worked. If anyone has done this please give me any tips that you might have. I was thinking about using half of the opoutlet for the tower duct and the other for circulation inside the cooler. Any advice would be muchly appreciated.

I Have The Same Haier Unit, Finally Have Mine At Solid 36 Degrees. Instead Of Using The Mm Blower. I Am Using A Blower Motor For Computer Graphics Card. $14.95, And An Old Cell Phone Power Adapter, And 1 Inch Plastic Hose From A Hand Held Vacuum Cleaner.
    All Of The Pieces Are Ready To Assemble, Hoping To Finish This Pm. Don't Want To Cut Into My Beer Drinking Time.
    Hope This Helps
    TO MUCH WORK TIME , TO LITTLE DRINKING TIME.

Comment

bud, thats a great idea. I guess i can use anything that can blow some air into the tube. Let mem know how you are runnning the wires out and where. I finally got mine at good temp after getting there slowly and gradually and adjusting thermo. let me know how it turns out. thanks

Comment

Had To Make A Few Minor Adjustments, The Tube That I Was Going To Use, Was Too Big. Had To Modify Plan To Use 1 Inch Pvc Pipe Up The Tower To Allow Return Flow. The Access Point That I Used Was Through The Drain Hole On The Top Of Compressor. The Flow Seems To Be Good, But Need To Allow Temp, And Keg To Settle After Disturbing It For Access. Will Post As Soon As I Have Firm Proof. Already See Difference In First Poor, But To Soon To Tell.
        One Minor Detail, If You Use The Graphics Card Fan. It Is Powered By Dc, Not Ac. In My Haste To Check It Out ( Before Thinking ), I Powered Up The Fan On Ac. Not A Good Thing To Do. Cost Another $14.95 To Replace After Getting Zapped By Ac Current.

Comment

By The Way I Might Add, You Need A Low Current Fan, Anything More Will Create Too Much Heat, And Cause Temp To Go Up.

Comment

Was it a fan or blower you used and what brand. Also how are you making the air blow into the pvc tube. and where and how are you mounting it inside. Im glad someone else is doing thsi first. What a great website

Comment

I just installed a blower in my Haier. The majority of the air blows onto the cold plate (I get icing on the cold plate if it doesn't have air flow.)

To get the cold air up the tower I'm using a 1" fluorescent light tube protector. I found it while wandering around the lighting section of Home Depot. It has a super thin wall which is handy if you are using the stock 2.5" column. I'm using some random PVC plumbing parts (and a lot of duct tape) to connect the blower to the tube.

To get AC power in I drilled a hole in the back of the keggerator above the regulator. I would suggest drilling from the outside so you don't drill through any of the radiator tubing.

If you are using a DC fan/blower you can run some thin cable in through the drain hole.

Also, if you are using the stock tower and insulation you don't want to blow too much cold air up into the tower. The tower will sweat profusely.

Comment

Where did you get the blower and what kind is it. also where did you mount it inside the keg. I was getting icing at first but i brought up temp slowly and stop opening the door and it went away. what a great site, and i didnt even think about the drain hole, duh.

Comment

Originally posted by brystal2 View Post
                  Where did you get the blower and what kind is it. also where did you mount it inside the keg. I was getting icing at first but i brought up temp slowly and stop opening the door and it went away. what a great site, and i didnt even think about the drain hole, duh.

It's the 15CFM Dayton blower (2C782). I found it on the web. I don't remember the site.

It's mounted to a piece of wood that I screwed into the side of the keggerator, just above the keg on the right hand side (when facing the keggerator from the front).

I mounted it near the top since I wanted it to blow the warm air at the top of the keggerator down onto the cold plate.

Comment

Excellent, i had an old dell i opened and discovered a perfect blower type fan. I will be emptying my keg this week so i can isntall this weekend. Thanks again for the ideas. Im excited about a cold tower. Happy drinking

Comment

Sorry For Not Getting Back To You, Rough Day. For The Fan I Used Antec V Cool From Staples. Mounted By Using Flexable Hose That Fits Perfectly Over The 1 Inch Pcv Pipe. The Mounting Is By Two Screws To Top Of Kegerator Inside Top. The Pvc Pipe Is Taped With Air Conditioning Foil Tape (same Stuff On Your Home Air Conditioner To Seal Joints) To Inside Tower Unit. Hope This And Other Posts Help. REMEMBER TO CHECK IF AC, OR DC BEFORE PLUGGING IN FAN, BUT THE FAN YOU MENTIONED SHOULD WORK GREAT.
                      Last edited by bud light bud; 07-24-2007, 09:42 PM. Reason: FORGOT TO FINISH

Comment

Thanks a bunch bud and dsc your ideas hepled me out. this is a great website.

Comment

I just bought the Haier brewmaster and am getting foam also..I am new to owning a kegerator (2 days) and didnt know about these problems. If the tower is the problem because it is not cooled, then why is it that at the bar I work at the towers are not cooled and the kegs are sitting in a fridge at the same temp as my kegerator,but the towers are my bar are not shooting all foam but mine at home is?

Comment

I'd bet the towers where you work are cooled, just differently than the way kegerators are cooled. And as far as the temperature, at work it is likely at what you believe your kegerator is set at. Search for Haier thermostat and you will find how to tweak it if need be.
                            Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
                            but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Working...
                            X