Inside Size and Keg fitting issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inside Size and Keg fitting issues

Hey Folks - I recently helped my brother get set up with an undercounter kegerator for his home, which he is getting around to installing and tapping his first keg. However, he's having issues sliding in a 1/2 of Warsteiner that uses a Euro slide coupler. This was weird to me as he pretty much bought the standard Danby model that I did (10 years ago, so its changed), and I've never had issues. Basically, with a Euro coupler on the keg there isn't room to push it all in. The only keg that I need an elbow for in my setup is Bitburger, so this didn't seem right. I told him to put on the elbow adapter on the coupler and even then there isn't enough room. I suggested a lower profile elbow, but I dont think that will cut it either.
    Then I asked him to measure the inside height and it was 28", whereas my base Danby is 29" inside, so right there the one inch is a huge loss.
    So, are there options here? I've suggested a lower profile elbow, but that buys 0.25", but are there low profile Euro slider couplers? What can he do short of returning the kegerator and getting a new one?

All advice welcome. Thanks!

So a lower profile elbow did the trick and just got it in there with no room. So a question for folks, is there a low profile A coupler? I couldn't find one after a lot of searching. However I see low profile S couplers, even though they are not big and tall like the A couplers to begin with.

Comment

Working...
    X