Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True TDD-2 Compressor & Temp

Hi,

I have a TDD-2 2017 model i bought used from Labatt Brewery last year for $500 was in excellent condition cosmetically. The temperature inside is a constant 40 at what i can tell is setting #5 there is a sharpie line drawn on the inside and the thermostat is on #5 at the sharpie line.

The compressor comes on for about a 60s and than off for 6 minutes, than comes on for 60s and off for 6 minutes and so on, the thermometer on the inside is always 40, never higher, never lower, unless you leave the doors open for a while to get it to 50 or something, than the compressor will still run the same cycle 60s on and 6 minutes off until its back at 40 which is about 3 cycles.

Does this sound normal the 60s on 6 minutes off?
    I dont know much about compressors if anything at all, but if i let the temp get to 50 shouldnt it run constantly until it gets to 40 not on and off and on and off until its 40?
    Also should it be lower than 40 at #5

Thank you, as my knowledge about these topics is basically 0.

my TDB-1 got a new compressor and that's about the same cycle my kegerator is running at. My compressor locks up according to my HVAC guy when it's running at about 1 minute. We had a heat wave and my Kegerator has been at 60 degrees since 1 min cycles is not enough to get it down to temperature since it sits in the a hot garage. The compressor is under warranty so I will be getting it replaced again, hopefully soon.

Comment

Working...
    X