Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danby Kegerator tap handle sticks like CRAZY

Hi Guys
    I recently picked up a used Danby kegerator. It needed the 100k resistor treatment and I added a 120mm cooling fan to keep the air circulating inside but it holds nicely at 37 degrees and I could go cooler if I wanted to. I was really happy to find the appropriate info on here and it made the fix so easy.

I have Dos Equis on tap and it is awesome but after the initial cleaning the original faucet continued to stick so 2 weeks ago when I cleaned the lines with my Micromatic D System and CFP I just swapped to the standard brass lever 4933K replacement faucet I had also purchased via MM. This swap cut the foam and worked like a dream but now this new faucet sticks too. Is there something we need to do to have a faucet NOT stick? Obviously I didn't want to make the beer taste funny but I am amazed at how this handle will take a ton of force to get it to open. After you force it, it's ok for a day or so but it seems like it could break.

I did a search and did not see anything relevant in the past year or so. I understand a faucet is available with the seal on the opposite side? Maybe DosEquis is part gorilla glue or has its specific issues like this? Any guidance to offer?

You need to be buying forward closing faucets, rear closing faucets stick. I don’t see MM offering their Perl forward closer anymore, so I’ll suggest searching for Perlick’s elsewhere.
    Last edited by djc; 09-21-2020, 06:00 PM.
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Working...
    X