Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faucet Connection Trouble

Hi All
    I am having an issue with connecting one my tap faucets to the shank. This is a new kegerator system (EdgeStar KC7000ODTWIN) with a dual tap tower. The first faucet seems to align just fine and tighten up, but I cannot seem to get the second one aligned. Both the faucet and shank connections have grooves/ridges that seem to be aligned fine (at least visual and by feel), but the coupler just won’t seem to align with the threads and it just does not sit properly. I can push the end of the facet into the shank and it holds itself up without tightening, but cannot tighten the coupler properly. My system did not come with a wrench for the faucet, so I ended up trying to tighten with a strap wrench (this was a fail as I the beer trickles out of the faucet connection when tapped telling me the faucet was not properly seated). Are there any tips or tricks that I am missing? It is possible/likely that there is a faulty thread on faucet (could not thread it properly on the other shank)?

Thank you for any feedback or suggestions.

Did you try the other faucet on the shank that is having the problem? That will tell you what part is suspect and needs a closer look. Could be as easy as a burr on one of the ridges / grooves.
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

I suspect Harris isn’t coming back. For anyone checking in on this thread, sometimes there is a little interference between cheaper over seas parts and high quality US made parts. When I switched to Perlicks on my Haier they did not initially fit. I had to wiggle them into place while turning the collar. After a few times on and off the splines wore in and now they go on easily.
      What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Your suspicions are not quite correct, still here just not checking on the hour. But thank you for both comments, I did try faucet on the other shank and no luck there either, so I suspect that the faucet is the cause (hopefully cause replacing the shank seems like a bigger pain). I will look into the Perlicks as suggested. I have another faucet in storage that I will check out as another check.

Comment

Working...
        X