Troubleshooting non working Kegerator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troubleshooting non working Kegerator

I have a 5 year old Kegco kegerator Model:MDK-309SS-01 that has stopped cooling. I've gone through the following troubleshooting steps, Checked the start winding and the run winding-OK, Checked the compressor to ground-OK, removed the compressor wires from the control board and jumped together, jumped out the thermostat, checked the start relay and the overload-OK. It seems like I've checked everything and the compressor should run, but it doesn't. Have I missed anything, or is the compressor dead?

Is there a capacitor on it?

Comment

Yes. 8 microfarad. It checked out ok. I think I’ll try a 3 in 1 hard start and see if that does the trick.
      Last edited by KenMez; 06-30-2020, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Hard start did not fix the problem. I’m not getting any voltage from the control board to the compressor.

Comment

Originally posted by KenMez View Post
          Hard start did not fix the problem. I’m not getting any voltage from the control board to the compressor.
          Hey Ken,

Did you ever get this solved? I'm having the exact same problem on the exact same equipment.

Comment

I have not fixed it. I’m thinking it’s the control board, but I don’t want to replace it without confirming it with Kegco. They don’t really have a tech support group that is available because of COVID

Comment

I think mine is the control board too. They said it was $75 and I have 30 days to return it if I don't use it.

How did you jump the thermostat? I can't find any guidance on how to do that.

Comment

My thermostat is electronic, I’m still trying to figure that out. The lack of a schematic slows down the process.

Comment

Working...
                X