Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacing built-in kegerator, now drain won't fit...what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing built-in kegerator, now drain won't fit...what to do?

Hello-

I have had the Summit SBC-490BI installed under my countertop for 7 years. It recently quit so I am replacing with the Summit SBC677BINK. The problem is that I removed the wood top on the original kegerator to make room for me to install a flush mount drain pan with a 90 degree elbow and drain tube leading to my sink. I don't have the new kegerator yet, but it doesn't appear to have that option so my drain definitely won't fit as its an inch taller (34.5") made to exactly fit under a standard height countertop. So my question is...what do I do? I already have a huge hole in the countertop for the drip pan, so it kinda has to stay. I can cut off the bottom welded threaded part and seal it up somehow and then just dump it, but that seems kinda lame. I have read about others who have drilled the top and ran a tube down into a collection bottle which seems do-able, but I have no idea if the new kegerator is safe to drill in the top? A third option is to have a new pan fabricated without the drain as I can't find any online that fit the 12"x5"x.75" hole I have for this one that DONT have a drain thread on the bottom. Anyone have any advice? Anyone ever drilled the top of a summit kegerator like this one?

ED7

There aren’t any coolant lines in the top of any kegerators as far as I know. Verify and drill through the top would be my solution.
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Working...
    X