Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Here

Hey all,

I want to post my current setup/project! Looking for any tips/ tricks and necessary things with owning this thing!
    cleaning/ maintenance of coils, cleaning galvanized steel etc.

I replaced all the beer and gas lines, cleaned the valves, replaced the taps, bought tap handles, currently has Coors light tapped and dispensing. The next thing is to buy some mats for the bottom of the unit. I am still up in the air about buying the caster kit because it’s so expensive just for 6 casters and brackets.

Unit is a barn find, true TDD-4 with ship date of August 2013

Also it’s used for residential but is a commercial unit hopefully posted in the correct location.

thanks,
    Tom
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.

Nice find. Looks as if the unit has low miles. For cleaning system's lines at home, a recommendation is to acquire Micro Matic's basic cleaning kit. This kit has a hand pump with powder cleaner designed for home dispense. When pumping, place coupler in a bucket although use a ball lifter to prevent check ball from stopping flow. While coupler is submersed in bucket, brush external surfaces. Follow these cleaning instructions. Always wear safety glasses and gloves while performing cleaning.

Very difficult if not impossible to remove spotting or stains from galvanized. Normally a household cleaner such as 409 or even glass cleaner will remove debris. For the stainless surfaces, mix three parts water to one part CLR in a spray bottle. Spray on surfaces and wipe down to remove spotting. Let dry and then chase with glass cleaner. Again, always wear safety glasses and gloves while performing cleaning.

Great to see you are utilizing the flex tubing for routing cold air up into tower. Prevents inconsistent temperature, thus foam. Not knowing your elevation, if Coors Lt. is at 38 F (check with calibrated thermometer), pressure would be 15 PSIG. Adjust one pound for every two degree difference. Up for warmer, down for colder. Since you may dispense additional brands which may have carbonation levels that are different, recommend installing at least two secondary regulators downstream from the primary regulator on the cylinder.

Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Working...
    X