X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member - Under-counter Kegerator install

Hi guys,
    I am new to the community.
    I recently bought an under-counter Edgestar kegerator (with a tower cooler system) and plan to install it in my new basement under a quartz slab.

Here's how the install looks like:
    Quartz guy made a small hole for the lines (large enough to also run a tower cooler pipe) and 4 holes to screw the tower into the quartz slab.
    IMG_8469.JPG

Fridge part should be less than 1/2 inch under the counter (it's pretty tight, which is good for insulation)
    I also slightly modified the setup t
    • increase insulation in the tower:
      I have been using thicker a foam tube to replace the older one. It's a simple fix and the new foam still leaves p;enty of space for lines and air-flow.
    • bring cold air from the tower cooler higher in the tower
      Basically, it's all about extending the tube that's under-counter to have it reach inside the tower.
      It should be creating a more dynamic air-flow of cold air as cold air will be sent at the top of the tower (3/4 height) and will naturally make its way back (laws of thermodynamic) around the tower lines. I use a basic tube that I attach to the tower cooler air tube. I plan to drill mini holes at the top to the tube to ensure good expulsion of air.
    • air-tight seal the fridge part and the tower around the counter
      I looked for solutions and ended up using a toilet seat gasket
      Not only it's super cheap... but should fit perfectly between the fridge part and the quartz and make everything air-tight.

Pics above. Looking for your inputs and opinions here! Thanks a lot!

TOWER INSULATION:
    IMG_6854.JPG

EXTENDING THE COLD-AIR REACH IN THE TOWER:
    As you see on pic#1, it's too low and imho doesn't have enough pressure to reach the top of the tower. It just cools the bottom part of the lines = useless.
    I want to extend it to 2/3 of the tower. Then cold-air will naturally make its way down along the lines, ensuring proper cooling along the way.
    I can even drill mini holes at the top of the blue tube to maximize flow (overthinking here...)

IMG_7486.JPG

IMG_8004.JPG

USING A TOILET SEAT GASKET TO AIR-TIGHT THE FRIDGE TO THE COUNTER:
    (as ridiculous as it looks, it's a perfect fit for the 3in hole. You can even buy stackable versions of these babies to adapt to higher counters)

IMG_2476.JPG
    Attached Files

Small update: Kegerator installed.
    I did not need the toilet seat gasket at the keg was lierally FLUSH to the counter (we had to remove screws below and shave some).
    It's air-tight.

The tower is VERY COLD now with the tube bringing air up. Less foam.

Comment

The only critique and probably not worth doing anything about at this point is limited room for air return to the box. You may pay a small penalty with some extra first pour foam.
      What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Working...
      X