Beverage Air BM23C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beverage Air BM23C

I found a BM23C for sale, it cools but the seller says they don’t know anything about it...they let it run for about 8 hours and it gets to about 50 degrees...it was her late husbands and says it hasn’t been used in 5-6 years

its very clean based on photos I’ve seen.....here is the tag inside.....is the 750 number the serial number? Is there anyway to know how old it is?

she is asking $250....is that a good price?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Yes, the 750 number is the serial number. You would need to get in touch with Bev Air to see how old it is. They use sequential numbers.
    50 degrees is not going to get you where you need to be. There could be a number of reasons why. It could be just a dirty condenser, a leak in the system, a bad temp control, etc. etc...
    $250 bucks is a great price... Unfortunately you won't know the final cost to get to the temp you will need until you buy the unit & have someone look at it. Good luck & welcome to the forum...

THE ICEMAN
    Last edited by THE ICEMAN; 02-24-2020, 10:17 PM.
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

Thanks Iceman,

I think I’m going to grab it and see what happens.
      are there some things I can try myself to get it going or hound I have somebody look at it?
      can a normal refrigeration tech work on them or is it more specialized?

im an IT guy and very handy with most things, I know the BM series has thermostat issues...is there a way to test them?

sorry for the rapid fire newbie questions

Comment

$250 definitely worth the chance. Get it home, clean the obvious areas, plug it in and see what it does. Take note of how it cycles - if it is running constantly for 8 hours and hanging at 50 it probably has lost coolant. If it is cycling it could be a bad control. You can also jump it to bypass the control and let it run to see if it will go colder.
        Last edited by djc; 02-25-2020, 02:52 PM.
        What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Working...
        X