Nothing Coming Out of Faucet w/ New Keg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing Coming Out of Faucet w/ New Keg

I'm new to owning a kegerator, so any help would be greatly appreciated. I was given a used kegerator, but it was in working condition when received. I did a complete cleaning of the parts (took apart coupler & faucet and soaked in cleaning solution, pumped cleaning solution through beer lines). I also refilled the co2, so that is full. I hooked up a keg the other day, heard the keg pressurizing, yet no beer would come through the lines when I opened the faucet. I tried readjusting the pressure (set to 10 psi per manufacturer) and still nothing happened. I took apart the coupler to check if the backflow preventer was stuck and turns out I had it in the wrong way. It's a Nostalgia kegerator and the round side should have been down (it doesn't use a ball, but rather a torpedo valve). I hooked everything back up, tapped the keg, and now it doesn't sound like any gas is going into the keg and nothing is dispensing from the faucet. I'm at a loss for what could possibly be the issue. Also, for reference, when I take the coupler off the keg and put it in a locked position, gas is running through the coupler, so it isn't an issue with that. Any suggestions on what might be the issue?

Are you sure the torpedo is free to move up and down? Try taking it out and re-tap. It isn’t required and is only useful in keeping the beer in the line when you untap which is only a few ounces so not a huge deal. You don’t hear gas going into the keg right now because it already topped off with gas from your first attempt.
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

djc,

The torpedo was a bit sticky, even though it was cleaned, so I decided to remove it completely. Sure enough, when I opened the faucet, I finally got flowing of beer! Thank you!

Comment

Winner winner
        What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Working...
        X