Beverage Air vs Perlick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beverage Air vs Perlick

I'm looking at picking up a fairly large kegerator. Currently looking at Perlick BBSN72 or Beverage Air DD68HC. They seem to be similarly priced (small premium for Perlick). Both are made in USA. Both are very custom.

Things I like about Perlick:
    -Comes with Perlick faucets (unlike Bev Air)
    -Has option for secondary regulators (unlike Bev Air)
    -Better documentation, easier to get answers from them

Things I like about Beverage Air
    -Comes with fans to suck cold air up into towers (unlike Perlick)
    -I already have a Beverage Air kegerator and it seems to be very reliable
    -A bit cheaper

Anybody have an opinion between the two brands?

The Perlick is a back bar cooler not a kegerator per se. That’s why it doesn’t have tower coolers. That right there is why you should buy the Bev Air. If you like Perlick faucets, buy them and put them on the Bev Air.
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Originally posted by djc View Post
      The Perlick is a back bar cooler not a kegerator per se. That’s why it doesn’t have tower coolers. That right there is why you should buy the Bev Air. If you like Perlick faucets, buy them and put them on the Bev Air.
      The Perlick was quoted with two towers, but no coolers. And as far as I can tell I can buy coolers separately. The Perlick rep I talked to said they don't like the coolers as you get condensation on the tower. Which is true, but also not important IMHO.

How are you differentiating a back bar cooler with a kegerator?

Comment

The Perlick is a back bar because it doesn’t have the tower coolers built in. It’s primary
        use is as a fridge. The tower coolers are key to not having foamy beer. Not sure why you are interested in paying a premium for a unit that you then need to do work to.
        What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Working...
        X