1999 Bev-Air BM23 Not Running Cold Enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 Bev-Air BM23 Not Running Cold Enough

Hi All, new to this forum and to the home dispensing.

I've just picked up a circa august 1999 (as per bev air customer support) BM23, and I had it run with thermostat set on 7 for ~16 hours with a 5gal bucket inside. The unit seemed to be cooling (I saw some condensation on the tower, and the compressor was cycling fine, about 2-3 times in an hour or so), but when I checked water temps in the bucket after about 16 hours, the temps were only ~47F, and the inside thermometer was showing ~55F (although when I opened it the compressor was off, and only the fan inside was spinning, and I did open the door during the night a few times to check on diameter of replacement tubing I will need to order). When I turned the tstat to 9, the compressor turned right back on and I have it running like this right now for another 8 hours to see what the temps are when I get back home after work, but to me it seems like it should'be been much colder on tstat set to 7. I texted Bev Air tech support with a brief description, and they suggested bad thermostat. Does this sound right to you or perhaps you could help me with troubleshooting it a bit more? Should I try jumping the Tstat first before I order a replacement?

Just to recap:
    Thermostat set on 7 - 5 gal bucket with water is at ~47 after 16 hours.
    The compressor turns on, runs for a while and cycles off, then turns on again and the cycle continues normally
    The condenser fan turns on each time the compressor turns on
    The evap fan inside is running 24/7
    No loud noises etc. coming from the fridge
    The door seal is shut close, no light coming out with bright LED inside in dark room
    The unit has been sitting in storage for the past 2+ years

I would really appreciate any help I can get. Thanks
    Last edited by makats; 04-12-2019, 12:07 PM. Reason: Word
Working...
X