Set and Forget Carbonating Corny Keg and PSI loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set and Forget Carbonating Corny Keg and PSI loss

I have two corny kegs of a blonde ale hooked up to a kegerator with a single CO2 regulator split to two gas lines . One I force carbonated by carbonating at 30 PSI for two days and then turning it down to 10PSI and letting sit for another 2 days before drinking. At that point I hooked up the second keg, so that they're both being pressurized continuously at 10 PSI and I could use the "set it and forget it" method to carbonate the second keg, while I drink from the first. I leave the regulator on at all times. I have two questions:

1. Should I leave the second gas line flowing at 10 PSI to the keg that I'm not currently drinking from after the 6-10 day set it and forget it period ends (it may be a month or so before the first keg is tapped and I move on to that one) or will it become over carbonated? If I take the gas line off should I blast in a layer of CO2 before I do so??

2. Since hooking up the second gas line, I've walked up to the regulator a few times in the past week to find that the PSI has dropped to 0. No idea why. I turn it back up to around 10, I can hear it start to flow and it seems to hold there for a few days but I'm wondering what may have cau

You can leave the gas on at 10psi for eternity. Once it balances no more co2 can dissolve in the beer unless the pressure or temperature change.

Not sure about your second issue. Keep an eye on it for fluctuations. It should hold at a constant.
    Last edited by cubby_swans; 04-03-2019, 02:40 PM.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Working...
    X