Troubleshooting a Danby DKC645BLS not cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troubleshooting a Danby DKC645BLS not cooling

I've done some research, but wouldn't mind some next steps advice.

I think I have a stuck compressor. It hums, but I don't think it's spinning. I've tested continuity between the 3 posts and the body of the compressor and there is no continuity which from what I've read is a good thing. I have a brand new Nostalgia kegerator that I pulled the PTC off of and tested it on the Danby in hopes that it was the issue, but same result. Are there any other meter tests i can do to confirm if it's the compressor, board, or something else?

I have an a419 on the way, but that won't do me any good if the compressor is locked. If it's locked, are there any tricks to get it unlocked? It was sitting for years and I'm wondering if it will be fine once unlocked. I've read that a hammer to the side may work. I've read that an "Annie" device could work, but who has one of those.

Thanks for any feedback.
    Jeremy

Is this subject too tired or too technical? I should probably do some more digging. Are there any appliance repair people here? I'm willing to replace the compressor, but I can't find much on the model. It's a AS35U6. I'll probably try adding a service port first to check check the freon levels. If they seem fine, I wouldn't mind replacing the compressor, just not sure how to determine a replacement. Any thoughts?

Comment

Working...
    X