Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regulator too tall to fit inside kegerator ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regulator too tall to fit inside kegerator ??

Hi all -

I am a new member on the forum and new to the kegerator scene. I have a Beverage Air BM23 all stainless unit. From Micromatic, I purchased a Premium Dual Gauge Primary regulator and a new Kegco 5lb co2 tank (red).

In an attempt to place the co2 tank inside the kegerator in the designated spot, it appears that the regulator is 1 or 2 inches too tall to fit. What can safely be done about this? I know that the co2 should remain upright, but can I angle the regulator? Any other ideas?
    Last edited by ImThirsty; 10-26-2018, 08:14 AM.

You can rotate the regulator, does this look like your set up? Image result for beverage air bm23
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Thank you for the reply! I can post pictures when I get back home later tonight but the top gauge of my regulator sticks up further than yours does (even when rotated). I have to rotate my regulator a lot more than yours is rotated in the picture....to where I can't really see the gauges (like a 45 degree rotation). I also plan on putting in a full half barrel so the regulator may stick out too far and hit the keg if I rotate it that much?

1 question for you with that setup (which is awesome looking by the way!) ---- what is the mat you have down on the floor?

Back to the regulator question. Do they make some sort of "double elbow" adapter or connector that can lower the height of the regulator when attached to the tank?

I wish I could find one of those co2 straps in stock somewhere....as mine did not come with one to keep the co2 upright

Comment

Not my unit, just a web image. Can be tilted backwards also, maybe less problematic? I've never seen an elbow. Did you try contacting the seller to tell them the strap wasn't there?
        Image result for beverage air bm23

Comment

Ok, I have some research to do and maybe a few calls to make (to welding shops). I was really hoping to get something like this adapter below (and hook 2 together?), but I am a noob when it comes to fittings. I'll keep this thread updated and post a pic tonight of my setup

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

So rotating it backward made the adjustment knob stick out more. I'm glad to know that I can rotate the regulator and it will function properly still....I may try to just get a keg to fit and do nothing else if it does

Anyways, here are some photos. I tried to get eye level to the shelf to show how much it sticks over (just under an inch I'd say, 2nd photo). I have a cooler in there with water right now just to test liquid temp, which seems perfectly fine. 10' beer line, perlick 650ss faucet & perlick coupler

image.jpg
            image(2).jpgimage(3).jpgimage(4).jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ImThirsty View Post
              Ok, I have some research to do and maybe a few calls to make (to welding shops). I was really hoping to get something like this adapter below (and hook 2 together?), but I am a noob when it comes to fittings. I'll keep this thread updated and post a pic tonight of my setup
              This is good advice. If I need to perform a similar task, but with plastic parts? I can use plastic welding, check. For some projects this is relevant.

Comment

A couple of options versus placing inside kegerator. First, utilize a cylinder / regulator rack on the outside wall of kegerator either in the back or on the side. Route the pressure line from inside kegerator through wall (often a knockout plug exists) to the regulator. Second, a high pressure regulator hose will allow for placing the regulator on an inside surface of kegerator where cylinder will then fit and possibly gauges will be easier to read.
                Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Wow, the boss man showed up! You are getting top notch attention now.

Comment

Clearly this requires and expert to handle. You also may need safety pants to go through the whole process

Comment

Working...
                    X