Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guinness Help - Too Much Head

Hi All,
    First thanks for this great forum. Your posts inspired me to research and install a fridge conversion kit so we could have Guinness at home. I've nearly teared up at times watching my very own Guinness 'surge'.
    My goal is to have the best pint of Guinness in my city. Right now I've got a great tasting beer with a little too much head. I'm consistantly getting 2" of head in my glass (not including the meniscus). I'd accept 1" but would prefer to see .75" or .5".
    Lol, I'm serious about this best pint in the city thing.
    Couple of quick notes:
    -I'm using a stout conversion kit bought on the Micromatic site with the JESF4 stout faucet.
    -Beer temp as measured by a thermometer left in a glass of water in the fridge is 6 degrees celcius.
    -Gas pressure is 38psi
    -Gas mix is 70% nitro/30% C02...I realize that a 75/25 split is preferred but straight up it's not available where I live (Winnipeg) I'm confident I'm using the same mix as bars/restaurants in the area.
    I work the bar at my local Irish Association, pouring pints all night...so I know how to pour a decent pint of Guinness.
    Should I try turning down the gas maybe? The one thing I've noticed is that my Guinness at home seems to really flow quite fast out of the tap.

Thanks in advance for your help,
    Sean
Working...
X