Nostalgia Kegerator pouring foam - solved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nostalgia Kegerator pouring foam - solved

This may be my only post, but I wanted to share some info for those with Nostalgia kegerators. My girlfriend recently purchased a Nostalgia KRS-2150 kegerator from Craigslist. Brought it home, got it cold and put in a keg of Cabarrus Brewing Vanilla Coffee Blonde. 24 hours for everything to stabilize and poured the first beer - all foam. Poured a second, all foam. Found a leak in the beer line so we replaced that, poured foam. I have a twin faucet keezer that works perfect so I brought over my Perlick keg coupler, poured foam. Replaced the rear sealing faucet with my retired Perlick 525SS, poured foam. Brought the keg to my keezer and poured nicely. Brought the keg back to the Nostalgia and installed my tower cooler on the Nostalgia. Still all foam... Turned the pressure way down and got the foam to clear, but 4psi won't keep the keg carbonated so I set it at 8psi and couldn't get it to settle.

We finally bought a stainless Micro Matic elbow shank, first pour with warm faucet and air in the line poured half foam. Second pour was PERFECT! I have parts on order to build a tower cooler, so that will be my next step which will hopefully get the first pour nice.

For those with a Nostalgia Kegerator, the Micro Matic shank completely solved the foam issue.
Working...
X