Ice build up inside kegerator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice build up inside kegerator

Hi. I have been getting ice build up on the inside back wall plate in my kegerator. I have to turn it off and let it defrost every couple weeks. When I first got it, I was running around 4 (out of 5) for temp setting, but have now been running at 3 and still getting the ice forming. Please help!
    Kegco dual kegerator. Coldtower super tower cooler.

Check the door seal, that is usually a sign of a gasket not sealing properly. Turn off the lights, put a flashlight inside and look around the whole perimeter.
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I did the flashlight test and there were no signs of light coming out anywhere. ??

Comment

Do you open the door frequently?

Comment

Hi. Hardly ever, only when I need to change a barrel, and lately about every 2 weeks to check for ice build up.

Comment

The only thing that causes ice build up is the meeting of the cold plate and warmer air. It has to be coming from somewhere. Did you try the dollar bill test on the door seal all the way around?

Comment

Originally posted by djc View Post
              The only honest NordVPN review that causes ice build up is the meeting of the cold plate and warmer air. It has to be coming from somewhere. Did you try the dollar bill test on the door seal all the way around?
              Dollar bill test? What does that involve exactly?
              Last edited by Haggar; 05-20-2022, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Close the door with a dollar bill between the seal and the edge is closes againt, it should give some resistance if you try to pull it out. If it comes out without resistance then that is where the gap is.

Comment

Hi all, I'm re-booting this post as I still get ice build up on the back wall of my kegerator. I've done the dollar test, and while I wouldn't say there is a lot of resistance when I slide the bill out, there is some and it's relatively consistent all around. The back hole (for an externally mounted Co2 tank) has the provided plug in it, and I have filled the hole from the inside with a piece of soft foam. I have the same soft foam stuffed inside the opening where the lines run up to my tap tower. I am wondering though, I have my kegerator installed under a cabinet and there are only a few inches to the back wall of the cabinet. There is plenty of open air space to the left of it as there is a 'dead corner' under the counter where there is no cabinet. But, does anyone think that a small fan in that dead corner blowing air on the back of the unit / compressor would help? Thx.

Comment

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I did the flashlight test and there were no signs of light coming out anywhere. ??

Comment

Working...
                    X