Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kegerator option for a newb

Good Day all.

I am in the market for my first Kegerator but I am having trouble finding reliable information. I find that Kegerators on the sites I am looking at vary wildly in price with little to no information as to why they are more expensive IE specifically what components they are using etc.

I have the choice of the Insignia 1 tap NS-BK1TSS6 for 500$ Cdn

The edgestar 1 Tap KC2000SSA for 1400$ Cdn

or the Maxx Cold MXBD24-1B single tap for 2000$

I just have to ask why the huge price difference?

And is the added quality worth 500$ or even 1500$ more?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Honestly, only a experienced tech on this board can tell you that. I went with an under counter kegerator 6 years ago and found a reasonably priced one for $1000, which was close to the cheapest. It has worked just fine and I've had no issues with it. Read the reviews on the products and you'll be just fine

Comment

Why the huge difference? Because the market is flooded with cheap consumer items and you are comparing them to a commercial style unit with the Max Cold (I've never heard of Max Cold BTW). The dead giveaway on the consumer units is the lack of a tower cooler, and the cold plate in the back of the unit. If you are inclined to spend commercial money, look at True and Beverage Air. If you go the cheaper route, you will have to make some adjustments to get good foam free pours, and be fore warned that some low end consumer units never work well.
      What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

For me, I wouldn't spend more than $500 for a Kegerator and I think its not worth to add an extra $1000 for minor functions. it's does not make any sense for a consumer with a limited budget. The EdgeStar Mini Kegerator is a good choice under the budget and you can find this online at many stores. The keg is very quiet and vibration-free.

Take a look at this list

EdgeStar Mini Kegerator Refrigerator
        GrowlerWerks uKeg 128 Pressurized Growler
        Home Brew Ohio Mini-Keg
        SPT BD-0538 Mini Kegerator

Source - https://www.reviewpen.com/best-mini-kegerators/

All of them fall under budget.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I have had a single tap Beverage Air BM23 for six years and zero issues. Commercial quality and has survived dozens of pool parties and monthly poker nites.

only issue is that it only holds a single 1/2 keg or two slim 1/4 kegs. I have been considering buying a two tap tower but not enough beer is available in the 1/4 slim.

Ive been thinking about upgrading to the DD48 which can hold two 1/2 kegs but am struggling to justify the cost.

i think if you go for a quality product you won

Comment

Working...
          X