Cold beer question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold beer question.

Ok so I have a kegerator in my garage which was converted to a gym (yep weights then beer). It stays fairly cool in there until the late summer months here in Pennsylvania at which time I use a window AC. The kegerator sits right next to a fridge with a top freezer. I was wondering if I could connect a pipe to the bottom of the freezer through the fridge into the kegerator to get more cold air in there.
    Last edited by Frank75139; 05-21-2018, 11:55 AM.

It seems to me this would be cutting holes in two appliances that are risky to cut holes in due to striking a refrigerant line. Also, this would leave the kegerator temperature pretty much unregulated I would think.
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

There are two thoughts. Yours and the opposite it works and makes the kegerator colder. Any suggestions on how to get it colder?

Comment

What brand of kegerator?
        What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Nostalgia Electronics

Comment

Nostalgia Electronics

Comment

Sorry not sure why it posted three times

Comment

You may never get that colder. Cutting holes in the freezer and kegerator is a bad idea at best. You

Comment

Originally posted by djc View Post
                  You may never get that colder. Cutting holes in the freezer and kegerator is a bad idea at best. You
                  My thought process was the same as blowing air up a tower with the help of a fan, just transporting air from one unit to another.
                  Any suggestions on a good mid priced kegerator that will get colder and stay that way?

Comment

Nostalgia, Visanni and to a degree Danby are often written about as not cutting it. Danby over time seems to have gotten it together and makes units that cool. I have a Haier which is in that lower tier too. When I have to do it again I

Comment

Nostalgia, Visanni and to a degree Danby are often written about as not cutting it. Danby over time seems to have gotten it together and makes units that cool. I have a Haier which is in that lower tier too. When I have to do it again I
                      you got cut off after When I have to do it again I
                      Last edited by Frank75139; 05-27-2018, 06:02 AM.

Comment

....will get either a True or Bev Air, probably gently used.

Comment

....will get either a True or Bev Air, probably gently used.
                          Thanks. I

Comment

Working...
                          X