Foam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foam

I have a kegerator. I cannot stop getting foam on the first 3 or 4 oz of a pour.
    I've installed an 8 ft hose and installed a tower cooler. The inside of the refrigerator is 36 degrees. I've clean the tap and the pressure is set at about 12 pounds. I still can't seem to pour the first beer without getting 3 or 4 oz of foam. Any suggestions?

What is the beer temp, what beer are you pouring, and does the tower cooler tube go all the way up to the bottom of the shank?
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Coors light. 41 degrees. Tube goes 1/2 way up tower

Comment

The tube has to go all the way up and come right against the underside of the shank. Coors has a volumes of CO2 of 2.6, so at 41 degrees it is looking for more like 14 psi.

Comment

I'll give it a try..

Comment

I appreciate the help

Comment

Pressure will take 12-24 hours to take effect.

Comment

I'm running an foot line. Should that be ok?

Comment

I'm sorry. I meant an 8 foot line. Should that be alright?

Comment

Beer line? Yes, should be fine.

Comment

10 foot beer line now.... Still getting foam. My kegerator has the cheap stock tap. Could that be the cause? How tight should the valve be screwed into the keg? Maybe that's the cause????? Not tight enough..

Comment

By stock tap I'm referring to the faucet

Comment

After it sits for a while, what does the beer line look like - is it solid beer or are there pockets of CO2 in the high spots?

Comment

Pockets of foam then it eventually clears up

Comment

That says you aren't balanced. Could be one of two things - either the pressure is too low and the CO2 isn't being held in solution, or pressure is too high and the beer is over carbed and the CO2 is breaking out. Those pockets are what creates foam at the glass. Since you have never had the pressure high, you've been coming at it from the low side, I'd throw 2 more psi on it and let it sit over night.

Comment

Working...
                              X