Edgestar KC2000 Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edgestar KC2000 Lines

So I own a Edgestar KC2000, and so far absolutely love it no complaints. I read a lot of people switch out there lines for longer ones, what exactly is the reason for this and something I should do? Is there a negative at all to doing this?

To reduce the pour speed which in turn reduces foam caused by turbulence. Only downside is slower pours.
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

So if I'm running the 5ft line that comes with it and upgrade to say 10ft would I see a significant difference? I wouldn't mind a slower pour if its proper with right amount of foam. I'm curious if this helps because my first 2 kegs were at 10psi (sam adams winter ale) I then switched to Brooklyn lager and tried it at 10 psi again but was getting a lot of head so I lowered to about 7-8 psi and seems better now but I feel that's a low PSI. on brooklyns site and on the keg they recommend 15-18psi depending on setups obviously but I couldn't imagine pushing it that high with how much foam I got at 10.

Comment

You should read here about balancing - pick any thread about foam. There is a relationship between the temperature of the beer, the volumes of CO2 it is packaged at and the applied pressure. 10 psi is too low and will ultimately result in flat beer. 7-8 is even worse. The way to combat foam is not to reduce pressure. You are as vulnerable to foam at too low a pressure as you are at too high a pressure. With too low a pressure you create an environment that is not stable enough to keep the dissolved CO2 in solution. Too high a pressure, you over saturate the liquid - it can't hold any more CO2. To fully get a handle on this you need to know your beer temperature and the volumes of CO2 for the beer.

10' lines will slow the flow of properly balanced beer, it will not balance the beer for you. In some set ups what it will allow you to do is get the pressure up where it belongs, more along the lines of what Brooklyn suggested.
        What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Working...
        X