First keg done question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First keg done question

So I just finished first keg on my Edgestar KC2000 and it has been perfect so far no complaints. Just want to make sure I'm doing it properly changing out. I'm taking the old keg to get a new one today, so I turned the valve to kill the co2 for time being. I'll get the new keg let it sit and settle over night in fridge like I did on first one and tomorrow I'll make sure I have the PSI still set where I want it and then tap the keg. I'll then Open the valve to release the co2 and should be good like last time I'm hoping. All seem right to everyone?

Thanks in advance,
    Joe

Some people like to clean the lines & coupler between kegs to prevent any off-tastes, beer glue on the coupler etc... Other than that your plan should work...

THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I was going to clean it after this next keg. I got a small one cause I didn't want to ruin it with the first time setting the kegerator up so it went pretty fast. Plus it's the same beer I'm getting. Next keg I'm going to try something different and clean it before hand.

Comment

I always clean, but i your case makes sense to avoid it this time. Enjoy the world of always drinking draft beer! and a few extra pounds. LOL

Comment

haha thanks the support on here has been great. FYI I tapped the KEG last night and all worked perfect poured a great beer right after. The pounds are expected but hey it's only Winter weight haha.

Comment

I've had the same unit in operation since 2009. To get the best performance out of it you need a tower cooling fan @ minimum. I have both tower fan and inside keg box fan, both are small PC fans. An external temp controller helps to flatten out the Large temp swings with the OEM T-stat but not required like a tower cooler. The OEM had a 8 degree temp swing between compressor on cycle and off cycle. The Johnson ext. controller I switch out the OEM T-stat holds the temp within 1 degree. On at 39F. off at 38F. I log tower temp, keg box ceiling and floor temp and compressor's temp. Right now upon looking the tower is 34.9F , Ceiling 34.4, Floor 34.0 and compressor is in running cycle @ 100.8F. I Get my kegs from a dist. thats walkin is consistent 40F. so it gets down to temp. within an hour of putting it in the unit. I never have to let them settle unless it was a room temp keg from the store. The thing I really like about this cheap unit compared to the high end units is the Dbs. This one is so quite that sitting 5' away from it in my office and 2' away from my CPU mainframe all I hear is the computer fans running, nothing from the unit unless mainframe is off which is almost never.

Comment

I couldn't agree more with you. The first thing I've noticed with this is how quiet it is compared to other kegerators I have seen. Yeah it's not the most expensive one but I have no complaints so far and thanks so much for the tips on the cooling fans. I'll be looking into doing this.

Comment

Working...
              X