Help, new to this Kegerator stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, new to this Kegerator stuff

I was just given a 3-year-old Igloo Kegerator. I cleaned the lines and tap with the cleaning kit that came with it, then bought a 1/4 keg of Miller Lite and two 20 pound co2 tanks. Hooked everything up, did a little research and set PSI to 12, then let the keg cool for 24 hours. First glass fill was all head, a bartender friend of mine told me co2 was too high or beer too warm. Lowered pressure checked the temp of fridge and beer (fridge 36, beer 37 degrees, checked beer in a glass with a digital food thermometer). To get a regular pour, like you would at a pub (foam wise), the co2 had to be set at 3 psi. That seemed way too low, and the pour was very slow. I was afraid the beer would go flat and everything I read said 10 to 14 psi, so raised back to 8, pours normally now (flow wise), but 3/4 foam (small bubbles). I set at 8 because I knew 10 to 14 psi would make it all foam. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I believe my lines are 5 feet long, I checked the temperature of the tower, removed the cover at top of tower, was 67 degrees (I don't know if that means anything), I am using frozen pilsner glasses if that means anything.
Working...
X