Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you guys put your frozen mugs at???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you guys put your frozen mugs at???

Obviously, the ones who have a full size fridge/freezer kegerator put their mugs in the freezer but what are the options for the rest of us?

Is there a tiny freezer or something out there? Just looking for some ideas. Thanks fellas!

I don't freeze my mugs. While the frosty mug thing seems nifty, it really contributes to a lot of foamy beer IMHO. Search for "beer clean glass" on google.
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

I have the same issue and my 'temporary' fix has been to run two six barrels and keep the pint glasses in the kegerator with those. This, however isn't the best solution since every time I want a cold glass, I let precious cold air out of the kegerator. So, I have to keep opening the door to a minumum.

I was thinking about two options myself. One is to buy a larger wine chiller to sit behind my bar, and use it to store pints and mugs. The other is to buy a large floor fridge that opens from the top to put longnecks in, and I could use that to store mugs.

Anyone got any better ideas?

Comment

Either one seems like a pretty good solution. Just remember to place them into the refrigerator dry and chill them versus freezing.
        Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Well the reason I ask is because where I bartend, we freeze the mugs, and I LOVE how it tastes when it's ice cold....to each their own I guess.

Comment

Working...
          X