Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Summit SBC-490 compressor failed. Pointer to replacement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit SBC-490 compressor failed. Pointer to replacement?

Hi and thanks in advance.

The compressor on my Summit SBC-490BI failed. Part number on the unit is [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.729412)]GVT44AD. Seems this unit is not available, so I'm looking for an equivalent. [/COLOR]Googling this came back with pointers to a compressor that is used in a Haier keg cooler with the same model number, but it looks like there are several compressors for that Haier model. This one seems to be the equivalent: https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Compressor/RF175049/1222135

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.729412)]Can anyone confirm that the Summit [/COLOR]SBC-490 (vintage 2012) is a rebranded Haier?

Thanks.
    Bob

I would think your best resource would be Summit support on their website. Other than that I can not be more helpfully, sorry.

Comment

Thanks. That was my first call. To say they were unhelpful would be an understatement. Their position is that the unit has been discontinued, and they don't have parts. They couldn't/wouldn't tell me what an equivalent part would be. The search continues...

Comment

You may try to reach out to "Iceman" a moderator on this site who is somewhat of a savant on the technical side.

Comment

Hey, sorry for my interruption. I just need your help. I have been looking for a perfect gift for my father who is a hardcore traveler and a LiquorDrinker. I can guess that you guys can help me. Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X