Air-bev BM23 stopped cooling need help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air-bev BM23 stopped cooling need help please

I'm not sure what happened but my bm23 compressor will not start. The evaporator fan runs constant but nothing else happens. I've tested the overload to see if that had shorted but it's ok and I've also changed the start relay still no go. I'm leaning towards the thermostat maybe being the issue? My question is could I just jumper it and if that is the issue it should start the compressor? If that's not the issue is there anything it could be? Any help is greatly appreciated thankyou

Also sorry in advance if I posted this in the wrong section
    Last edited by Dmac74; 07-11-2017, 06:51 PM.

You mention the evaporator fan runs - it should. The question is, does the condenser fan down by the compressor run? It should be running any time the compressor calls for power. If it is not you need to check to see if you are getting power to the compressor & condenser fan. If you don't have power then you can look to the temp control and yes, you can jumper the leads at the control making sure they are touching nothing else. Should the compressor start while the control is jumped, you need a new control. You could also just test the control with an ohmmeter by taking the wires off the control & cycling the dial back & forth to see if the control opens & closes.

THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

Thankyou for the quick response and the condenser fan does not run I will check for power and test the control if none is present. I'll post back if i find anything thanks again.

Comment

Did all the tests with a multimeter and the thermostat failed the ohm test. Jumpered it and plugged it in and everything fired up. Thankyou iceman my next question this thermostat looks real old any suggestions on which thermostat to replace it with should I try and trace down an original or after market one? Any suggestions thanks again
        Last edited by Dmac74; 07-12-2017, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmac74 View Post
          Did all the tests with a multimeter and the thermostat failed the ohm test. Jumpered it and plugged it in and everything fired up. Thankyou iceman my next question this thermostat looks real old any suggestions on which thermostat to replace it with should I try and trace down an original or after market one? Any suggestions thanks again
          Read through --> THIS THREAD <--

THE ICEMAN
          My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
          "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
          -Dave Barry-
          "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
          Strong beer is the milk of the old."
          -Martin Luther-

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post

Read through --> THIS THREAD <--

THE ICEMAN
            Thanks for your help iceman, found a local dealer that had a a12-700 and installed it. My BM23 is back up and running. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
            X