Problem with half of my two tap kegerator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with half of my two tap kegerator

I've had this thing for 4 years and never had problems like this. Putting myself in your position, I feel like I'm being too vague to get an answer but I don't know where else to turn or how else to say it. So I got my two tap kegerator from here. Last year one side got too foamy all the time and started leaking gas so I hooked up a new coupler. Both of my couplers are Micromatic but they both look different. I just brought my two empty kegs in and got one to replace. When I connected the keg to the coupler I normally use, I turned the gas on and the other coupler was leaking air. Felt like a fan was blowing through it so it wasn't leaking it was just flowing out. That's never happened before. Then I connected the keg to the other coupler and it was coughing up foam and spitting with very little beer coming out. Granted this keg was just hooked up and not very cold yet; but I've done this before to test and never got this response. The other coupler, however, was not flowing air out of it like the first one. I'm hoping once this keg cools and mellows out it will be ok but I haven't had this extreme of a difference before and the fact that this is just the second use of this coupler annoys me.

Did you clean your couplers between kegs? I'm just guessing here but, the first one sounds like the seals may be dirty or have been damaged. The second one sounds like the check valve may be sticking.

THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
      Did you clean your couplers between kegs? I'm just guessing here but, the first one sounds like the seals may be dirty or have been damaged. The second one sounds like the check valve may be sticking.

THE ICEMAN
      Is there a pic I could upload that would tell you that? The tank drained since this post and I can't figure it out. I cannot get the regulator off of the tank so I disconnected the beer lines from the couplers and am going to take the whole setup to my local homebrew shop or the welding supply place. With no kegs hooked up to the couplers would they be able to help me troubleshoot or would kegs need to be connected to figure it out. There's gotta be something i can do other than getting rid of the whole thing because
      I can't figure it out

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post

THE ICEMAN
        Oh and yes I clean my couplers after each keg change. Always have

Comment

Working...
        X