Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AtomicHawk
    replied
    Iceman - thank you for the help. The issue was some oil got into the capillary tube, most likely from transporting the unit on its side. Restriction cleared and the unit is working great.

Leave a comment:

• THE ICEMAN
    replied
    A cold drier could indicate a couple of different things. It could be a restriction in the drier or it could indicate that the unit is low on refrigerant. You will need to find someone that works on low temp systems. Just some A/C guy won't work. If by some chance you are in the Phoenix area, I can steer you in the right direction. Otherwise, you may want to get a hold of Beverage Air & see who they recommend for your area.

THE ICEMAN

Leave a comment:

• AtomicHawk
    replied
    Ok. I cleaned the condenser coil as best I could without removing. It was dusty but not as much as anticipated. I decided to run the unit overnight on a 4. The temperature got down to around 50 degrees. I felt the compressor and it was warm to the touch. The filter drier that connects to the capillary tube and condenser coil was cold to the touch. I believe that it is usually supposed to be warm. Does this indicate a blockage and possibly the problem being there? If so, what is the best way to find someone qualified to work on this unit?

Leave a comment:

• THE ICEMAN
    replied
    Try turning the temp control off - the compressor should cycle off. Wait about 5 minutes & turn it back on. If it cycles back on the temp control is not your problem. If the condenser coil is clogged with dust, that may be the problem, if not, you probably have refrigeration problems such as a leak / low on refrigerant situation.

THE ICEMAN

Leave a comment:

• AtomicHawk
    replied
    Thank you, Iceman. I guess I should have said that I did run the unit on a 4 for a day and the temperature got to 50 (couldn't hear compressor cycles). After that I turned it up to a 7 then a 9 without anymore cooling. I told the back off today and plugged it in and watched. The compressor was warm to the touch and there wasn't any frost forming. It does not appear to have ever been serviced due to the absence of Schrader valve. The lines are crimped. I will try and brush the coils off to allow for airflow. If that doesn't help I was thinking that the thermostat would be an easy change before attempting to find a technician. I have been reading this forum for a while and appreciate your input.

Leave a comment:

• THE ICEMAN
    replied
    Welcome to the forum...
    The temp control set to 9 will more than likely not allow the compressor to cycle & cause the evaporator coil to freeze over. On a unit that is functioning normally a setting of about 41/2 to 5 is all you would need.
    A wire brush or compressed air should be all you need to clean the condenser coils. If you do need to pull the chassis out (where the condenser & compressor are attached) you will need a 3/8" or 1/2" socket to pull a couple bolts out holding the chassis. You will also need to pull the channel running up the back of the unit to allow the refrigerant lines to flex without kinking.
    If there is a schrader valve anywhere on the refrigerant lines it means someone has been into the system after it left the factory. It could also mean there is a leak, they put that valve on there for some reason.

THE ICEMAN
    Last edited by THE ICEMAN; 04-22-2017, 07:06 PM. Reason: Added goodness...

Leave a comment:

• AtomicHawk
    started a topic BM23-B-32 Not Cooling

BM23-B-32 Not Cooling

I purchased a used BM23-B-32, serial number 9909560, about a year ago. I hadn't had a chance to set it up and use it until last week. The man I purchased it from said it held temperature as it should and had a bucket of water in it when I picked it up. It is no not cooling as it should. I cannot hear the compressor cycle it believe that it is running since it was able to cool down to 48 degrees (air temperature) on a 9. I have removed the back to try and clean the condenser coil but I cannot figure out how to remove it. Does anyone know how to remove the coil?
Working...
X