Beer running down front of Kegerator door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer running down front of Kegerator door

Hi, Newbie here. I tried searching for my problem but couldn't find anything. Maybe I wasn't using the right keywords, but here goes.

So I built a kegerator out of a freezer on top fridge. This is my 3rd kegerator I've built and the first time I've had this problem.

Once the keg is tapped, before CO2 is added (I have the valve off), beer will start flowing through the line. That's fine because of the pressure in the Keg. However, once it reaches the shank, it starts to flow out from underneath the skirt that covers the hole I drilled in the door. The faucet is a spring loaded faucet so its always in the off position. Everything is hooked up correctly, but I just for the life of me can't figure out why beer is coming out from behind the skirt. As far as I know, the shank is solid metal until it screws into the faucet. This is the second shank I've tried, and both have the same issue.

Any suggestions? Am I missing a gasket somewhere? Most parts are brand new for the set up. New coupler, new shank, new faucet, new hose, new fittings, not that it matters, new drip tray...

I'm losing my mind! I have a keg of New Belgium Sunshine Wheat ready to go, but can't figure out this leak problem.

What is the set up on the back of the shank, is it a tailpiece and washer (is there a washer?) or a welded fitting?
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Originally posted by djc View Post
      What is the set up on the back of the shank, is it a tailpiece and washer (is there a washer?) or a welded fitting?
      To elaborate, does your beer line screw onto the back of the shank?
      Or does the line fit onto a nipple?

If it is the type that has the nipple, you may want to check where the nipple is soldered/welded to the shank to see if it may be cracked. Also, on the back of your faucet where it attaches to the shank, there should be a small o-ring that seals things.

THE ICEMAN
      Last edited by THE ICEMAN; 04-06-2017, 03:02 PM.
      My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
      "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
      -Dave Barry-
      "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
      Strong beer is the milk of the old."
      -Martin Luther-

Comment

Working...
      X