Blower Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blower Question

I just ordered a Dayton 15 cfm blower to cool my tower. Does this have to be wired directly to the Kegerators' electrical system or can i get a pigtail at home depot and just plug it into the wall. I have visions of blowing myself up if I try to hook it into the unit itself. If anyone has done this with this blower any help would be appreciated. Extra kudos if it was on a POS Avanti like I will be working on.
    AVANTI BD6000 MOD's
    MicroMatic Tower with Faucet
    MicroMatic Stainless Faucet
    Brewer's Edge II Thermostat
    MicroMatic Primary Single Gauge
    MicroMatic "D" System Coupler
    MicroMatic 12" Stainless Flush Drip Tray
    Dayton Blower

OK, I got the blower and there is NO directions as to how to hook it to power. Any help would be appreciated.
    AVANTI BD6000 MOD's
    Dayton Blower

Comment

Adding a lead to it with a plug would be fine. It is (or should be) 120 volts AC so it matters not which wire goes where on the two wires to the motor. I'd ground it to the third prong as well. Or if you hook it to the kegerator incoming line, ground it where the incoming is grounded.
      Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
      but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Will a lamp cord work fine? I just don't wanna blow up the motor.
        AVANTI BD6000 MOD's
        Dayton Blower

Comment

Lamp cord worked.
          AVANTI BD6000 MOD's
          Dayton Blower

Comment

Originally posted by ashman View Post
            I just ordered a Dayton 15 cfm blower to cool my tower. Does this have to be wired directly to the Kegerators' electrical system or can i get a pigtail at home depot and just plug it into the wall. I have visions of blowing myself up if I try to hook it into the unit itself. If anyone has done this with this blower any help would be appreciated. Extra kudos if it was on a POS Avanti like I will be working on.
            Ashman, I'm surprised. You had indicated in previous posts that the 2.5 new tower you installed meant proper cooling was reaching the beer line, therefore a blower wasn't needed.

Is this a conclusion you came to with time? I'm just starting out with my Avanti conversion. My new five foot line and coupler will be installed tonight. Other parts are still to come.

Still, this is the first I've heard of anyone needing a blower to solve foaming issues, or is this completely unrelated to foaming?

Comment

Originally posted by billbird2111 View Post
              Ashman, I'm surprised. You had indicated in previous posts that the 2.5 new tower you installed meant proper cooling was reaching the beer line, therefore a blower wasn't needed.

Is this a conclusion you came to with time? I'm just starting out with my Avanti conversion. My new five foot line and coupler will be installed tonight. Other parts are still to come.

Still, this is the first I've heard of anyone needing a blower to solve foaming issues, or is this completely unrelated to foaming?
              Bill-

I thought the new tower would be sufficient, but it wasn't. Not bad, just not great. I usually would pour a half beer down the drain at the beginning of the evening, and then the rest would be fine until the next night of drinking. I hated pouring that half beer down the drain, it cut into my savings. I am still working on the set up for the blower. I got a Dayton 15 CFM from a vendor online for about $50. If you would like the vendor send me a PM. I went to Home Depot and got a plastic plumbing fixture that fits perfectly into the Blower output. This fixture has a flex elbow so I can bend it anyway I want. I then got some dishwashing drain line that is very soft and flexible. I have attached the tube to the Flex Piece and attached it with Silicone, but that seems to be taking forever to dry, so I will probably just duct tape it. I had an old Beer Foamy that I cut about 1 inch above the bottom and placed it on the back shelf of the Avanti. Then I placed the blower, flat side down on top of the cut up foamy. The reason I did this is that their is a little bump on the flat side that caused it to not lay flush. I will post pictures once complete.

PM me if you have any questions in regards to the POS Avanti and possible MODS.
              AVANTI BD6000 MOD's
              Dayton Blower

Comment

Working...
              X