Danby DKC5811BSL - No Power At All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danby DKC5811BSL - No Power At All

It's good to see the forums up and running again! A few years ago, I purchase a couple of kegs for my Danby kegerator. When I got home, I plugged it in and there was no power to the unit. Fast forward 3 years and I finally got motivated to figure out what's wrong with it. When I plug it in, I have no power to anything including the display. I do not hear any clicks or anything. I have replaced the start relay and that did not help. I have inspected the circuit boards and I do not see anything that looks like an exploded cap or anything else.

Is this a common issue with these units and is there something else I should be looking at? I was hoping to fix it before having to call a repair guy. Thanks in advance!

Look through some of the threads on modifying these to use external thermostats. With what you have, the way forum user Pismo wired his would be a good start to see if the compressor runs and is able to cool. If that proves to work, all you need then is an external thermostat like Micromatic sells to convert freezers into kegerators.
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Originally posted by psychodad View Post
      Look through some of the threads on modifying these to use external thermostats. With what you have, the way forum user Pismo wired his would be a good start to see if the compressor runs and is able to cool. If that proves to work, all you need then is an external thermostat like Micromatic sells to convert freezers into kegerators.
      I blindly threw some money at this thing to see if I could get it to run. I started with the start relay and overload protectors and nada. My last effort before going to an external controller was to pick up a new control board. I installed the new board tonight and I heard a beep as soon a shot I plugged it in and the display showed the temperature. I got excited en realized the compressor still isn't kicking in.

Pretty frustrated at this point but do you have any advice on where to go next? The part number for the replacement board is 1.01.02.01.004R.
      Last edited by jstang; 02-22-2017, 06:16 PM.

Comment

So I finally decided to just go ahead and jump the red/black wires to see if the compressor is the issue and the compressor fired right up. So I assume that the display will no longer work as well as the fan? Can I essentially just take the board out of the unit and leave everything disconnected if I decide to go with an external cont older?

This begs the question of what else could be causing my issue? I did notice that the start relay was really hot after the compressor ran for just a few minutes. Is this normal?

Comment

I would in your place have just bought a new upright freezer, the recommendations here - https://grapefrost.com/upright-freezers/
          ✅ If you are looking for upright freezer will be the best choice for you. If you are looking for a freezer on sale, you will find a number of different freezers.

Comment

Working...
          X