Avanti- help modding thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti- help modding thermostat

My temp kegerator is an Avanti for the time being.... it will only get down to 48 degrees. Now it isn't a "huge" deal since I'm running Guinness; however, I do want to mod it for future use with other brews. I've done a bit of research and decided to go iwth the likes of the brewer's edge (Jonhnson controls).... any pointers/links on how to bypass the current thermostat?

Do you have a wiring diagram (they're usually on the back)?
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Yep, it's in the manual. I was hoping someone had it detailed as I'm lazy about it. Not scared as I have decent experience wiring stuff; just wanted to be spoon fed.

Comment

My avanti works just fine with the brewers edge and the internal tstat set to the coldest setting. I have mine set for 38*. It did take well over 24 hours for it to reach this temp when the keg first went in though.

Comment

I just ordered a brewers edge with the plugs. I have my Avanti set just below 1, don't know how far to rotate past 1 before you get "off"; but it doesn't get below 48* at current setting. I'll probably just bypass the thermostat by hard wiring the compressor to on and use the controller to feed elect to the fridge as needed. I initially wanted to replace the OEM thermostat with the Johnson Controls version of the BE without plugs for a cleaner setup, but this will do.

Comment

You have to turn it past 6 get it the coldest. "This one goes to eleven."

Comment

As Carlos Mencia would say.... dee dee dee. I'll try the logic of turning up the cool vs. turning down the temp. I guess a quick reference of the manual would have helped me look less of a dumba$$. Thanks for the tip- time for me to get off the short bus. I'll blame it on the excitement of getting the first keg tapped.

Comment

If you get the brewers edge there is no wiring required. Plug the kegerator into the unit, plug the unit into the wall, set the unit, and crank the thermostat in the POS Avanti to the highest setting. Nice Cold Beer.
                AVANTI BD6000 MOD's
                MicroMatic Tower with Faucet
                MicroMatic Stainless Faucet
                Brewer's Edge II Thermostat
                MicroMatic Primary Single Gauge
                MicroMatic "D" System Coupler
                MicroMatic 12" Stainless Flush Drip Tray
                Dayton Blower

Comment

Yep, I get that now. If I had a better excuse as to why I thought 1 was colder than 6 other than I apparently have too high of an opinion of myslef to read the dern manual..... I had it in my head that the POS thermostat in the unit wouldn't let it go lower than 48*, hence the need to bypass. Thanks for setting me straight folks- I'll set the internal properly till my BE gets here then plug it in and crank it all the way to 11.

Comment

There is a good chance you will wake up tomorrow with a frozen beer line. Before I got the Brewers Edge II my Avanti would either be 45 degrees or frozen. Now it is perfect at 37 degrees.
                    AVANTI BD6000 MOD's
                    MicroMatic Tower with Faucet
                    MicroMatic Stainless Faucet
                    Brewer's Edge II Thermostat
                    MicroMatic Primary Single Gauge
                    MicroMatic "D" System Coupler
                    MicroMatic 12" Stainless Flush Drip Tray
                    Dayton Blower

Comment

thanks for the tip.... 45 is good for guinness, so I'll make sure to knock it down to 5 till the BE gets here.

Comment

Working...
                      X