This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimal Liquid Temperature?

The fridge I was given has a liquid temperature of 42 degrees. I left a glass of water with a thermometer in it in the fridge for over 24 hours.

I read somewhere, I'm not sure if it was here on MM, that the optimal liquid temperature is 36 to 38 degrees. Is this so?

Is there anything I can do to make this refrigerator reach the optimal temperature?

I still have yet to buy the conversion kit and the CO2 cylinder and I want to make sure that this fridge will be adequate to turn into a kegerator.

I look forward to any suggestions and help.

Thank You.
    Last edited by Lush; 05-30-2007, 07:03 PM.

Yes beer temp should be at 38 degrees or a tad lower.

Is your therm calibrated and if not how sure are you that your not reaching 38degrees?
    Last edited by THE ICEMAN; 05-02-2009, 07:46 AM. Reason: Reference to spam eliminated

Comment

I always disagree with this automatic 38 degree suggestion. IMHO, it is a generic and suitable setting for most light domestic lagers. Many beers, especially ales, benefit from a warmer serving temperature to bring out the flavors as the brewer intended. I think it is always a good idea to contact the brewer if you have questions concerning the recommended serving and storage temperatures.
      Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
      but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Originally posted by psychodad View Post
        I always disagree with this automatic 38 degree suggestion. IMHO, it is a generic and suitable setting for most light domestic lagers. Many beers, especially ales, benefit from a warmer serving temperature to bring out the flavors as the brewer intended. I think it is always a good idea to contact the brewer if you have questions concerning the recommended serving and storage temperatures.
        Yes i somewhat agree also. I think your right some beers need a slight higher temp to taste correctly, although i would be worried if a fridge cant reliably keep a lower temp.

Comment

In addition to above comments, be aware that the warmer you serve the product the more potential for foam issues exist. Be certain that what ever temperature you target for the beer, know exactly what it is and apply appropriate PSIG.

As to optimal taste, most certainly the brewery has temperature recommendations, but you ultimately should make that decision since you are drinking the beer.
          Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

This thread has become a spammer target. Thread closed.
            My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
            "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
            -Dave Barry-
            "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
            Strong beer is the milk of the old."
            -Martin Luther-

Comment

Working...
            X