Beverage-Air model BM23 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beverage-Air model BM23 help

Hello I am new to this forum so forgive me if I am not using proper ettiquet I too recently acquired a BM 23 model kegorator and I know for sure the evaporator fan needs to be replaced it tries to turn but won't the evaporator coils get cold and I can hear compressor kick on and condenser fan but only cycles on for like 4 minutes then off for twenty or so so my question is do I need to also replace the thermostat dial as well as that evaporator fan or does that evaporator fan also have something to do with how long the compressor runs for?

I should have also stated this is the very first time I plugged it since getting it so not cold inside yet but know for sure compressor and compressor fan is working so shouldn't it run continuously until very cold?

Comment

Originally posted by Big G54 View Post
      Hello I am new to this forum so forgive me if I am not using proper ettiquet I too recently acquired a BM 23 model kegorator and I know for sure the evaporator fan needs to be replaced it tries to turn but won't the evaporator coils get cold and I can hear compressor kick on and condenser fan but only cycles on for like 4 minutes then off for twenty or so so my question is do I need to also replace the thermostat dial as well as that evaporator fan or does that evaporator fan also have something to do with how long the compressor runs for?
      First of all, welcome to the forum...

You more than likely nailed it right there. If the evaporator fan is not running you are not moving the air through the evap coil. If you are not moving air, the coil will get very cold & possibly frost up. If the temp control sensor is placed in the coil (some are on the back wall) it will sense that the coil is cold & shut down the compressor & has to warm back up to turn it back on. If no air is moving, it will take that much longer. A temp control of this type senses the coil temp & not the air temp as you might think.

THE ICEMAN
      Last edited by THE ICEMAN; 04-25-2016, 04:59 PM.
      My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
      "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
      -Dave Barry-
      "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
      Strong beer is the milk of the old."
      -Martin Luther-

Comment

Thank you so much for replying Iceman I was truly hoping you would see my post because after reading several other post you seemed the most knowledgeable about this. I also figured that was the problem and just needed confirmation. I have already ordered the evaporator fan and motor and since the temperature control unit was also very reasonable priced I ordered both, because I am refurbishing this unit as a gift to some friends so we would rather have it working tip top for them.

Comment

Iceman I was wondering if you know how the inside door panel on the BM23 comes off? I am recovering the front of the door and would be much easier if I could get the inside door panel and magnetic seal off to cover it the re-install it

Comment

I don't believe the inside of the door comes apart. The door is filled with foam & molded at the factory. The gasket does come loose, it is just press fit with a "dart" into a channel molded into the door. The gasket should look something like this...

THE ICEMAN
            My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
            "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
            -Dave Barry-
            "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
            Strong beer is the milk of the old."
            -Martin Luther-

Comment

Hey Iceman thought it was only fitting I post some pictures of what your advice helped me accomplish it came out beautiful and purrs like a kitten stays steady cold of about 37 degrees at 5 setting
              thanks again
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Working...
              X