Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are either of these 2 mini fridges compatible to turn into a Kegerator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are either of these 2 mini fridges compatible to turn into a Kegerator?

The person I know is selling this fridge for $50... its a steal... but id only be interested if I can convert it

Kenmore 4.6 cu. ft. Compact Refrigerator
    Kenmore 4.6 cu. ft. Compact Refrigerator 94673 at Kenmore Online

I would like to ideally be able to fit a half keg in these when I am done. Either one of these gonna work or do I need larger? I cant tell if there is a immovable shelf that sticks out at the bottom on these, and the 3.6 cu ft one has a freezer up top which is movable.

Thanks for the assistance
    I found some really good deals on these two fridges form craigslist which is why I am asking.
    Last edited by USFMD82; 05-06-2007, 02:49 AM. Reason: spelling

Well they lowered the 4.6 cu ft in price, doubtful it will stick around long, can someone help me out here pretty quick before it is gone!!

Comment

I explored building a kegerator before buying one and I looked at some Kenmore mini fridges and I felt they would be too small. There are sites that have keg sizes on them and I even went to the liquor store to measure different kegs to be sure and then went to Sears to measure the insides of what they had. If I recall what I looked at at Sears seemed too small, buy they may have not been the units you are looking at.

One other thing, you should be able to look up the model number here Welcome to the Parts Store and see if there are any lines or wires in the neigborhood of where you will want to drill.

Edit: I couldn't find the unit you are looking at in the Sears parts database. But it is still a handy link to have if there are other fidges you are looking at or need parts for a washer or dryer.
      Last edited by psychodad; 05-05-2007, 05:14 AM.
      Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
      but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

I have found the different sizes of different kegs and I checked the specs on the fridges.. but I cant tell if those specs are of the outside or inside of the fridge, I also cant tell by looking at the picture if there is an immovable shelf, or if the freezer section is going to be a problem.. it is just all confusing.. but If I can buy this and convert it I will be very Happy.. Im primarily thinking this 4.6 cu would be my best bet, if this wont work ill have to save up a bit longer still open to advice!!!

Comment

Since you have the keg sizes, go into Sears and measure the floor model. They won't mind if you do this. While you are there, see if they have one of the Kenmore kegerators in stock and check the price on it. From what I hear, they aren't bad and I'd think you may save money as well as time.

Take home the Kenmore kegerator and you have a warranty. Take home the mini fridge and cut a hole in it and you are on your own. Just something to think about.
          Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
          but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Working...
          X