Hissing sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hissing sound

Just got my new Kegerator from Sears...Set it all up and when I turn the regulator screw to the disired pressure there is a hissing noise coming out of the regulator (small pinhole above screw)??? the more I turn the screw, the worse the hissing sound...anyone know what this is and the cure for it...It is a single gauge regulator from taprite....

Thanks

Your regulator probably has a bad diaphram. You can replace them mm sells the parts for some.

Comment

Take it back or call the manufacture and ask for a new reg.

Comment

Thanks

I just called Sears...they are coming out to take a look-see

Comment

Break down and buy a dual gauge regulator from Micro Matic anyway. It's going to suck one day when you run out of gas on Saturday after everything is closed.
          Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
          but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

What does the dual gauge do....pressure and what???

Comment

The dual quage reads preasure and also tells you how much gas is left in your tank. But if your tank is in the kegerator there is no point in getting one unless they have changed them because they only function properly if the tank is at room temp outside of the unit.

Comment

Thanks Brewski....yeah..they are still in the fridge...I would like to have it outside...but I'm not going to void the warranty out....

Comment

Working...
                X