Where to find co2 tanks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find co2 tanks?

The last piece to my puzzle...where to find a co2 tank, and what kind of shop carries them locally? I'm in Indpls, but is there a certain type store to look for? Would someone like a Sporting Goods store, or would it be like a propane store? Thanks again!!

A welding supply store would carry co2 tanks. That is also where I get mine filled.

Comment

Check out the Micro Matic line of cylinders. Be aware that a gas company may not fill your cylinder. They may simply exchange yours for one of their own cylinders of the same size that is already filled.
      Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Zuhse View Post
        Be aware that a gas company may not fill your cylinder. They may simply exchange yours for one of their own cylinders of the same size that is already filled.
        And that tank will likely look like it has been tossed around the monkey cages at the zoo. Wherever you plan to have the tank filled at, call first and ask.

From what I gather, the main reason suppliers do the exchange thing is because it takes a buttload of time, trouble and co2 to fill one little 5 lb bottle. If where you want to deal with wants to exchange your shiney new Micro Matic tank, ask if you can just drop yours off on the day they fill all their bottles and pick it up later that day or the next.
        Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
        but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

I got mine filled at a fire extinguisher place 16 bucks took 5 minutes..

Comment

paintball shops

Paintball shops will have co2 tanks but prob in a diff size than what you need. However some of the larger shops will fill the 5lb tanks for you. A local paintball shop around me will fill the 5lb tanks for $15

Comment

I purchased my new co2 tank off of the internet. Micro Matic carries them. I had it filled while I waited at a fire extinguisher store. It took about 10 min and cost about thirteen dollars.

Comment

Where

I would order tank from internet and then check with your store that you buy your kegs from...if it is abigger store they may have a CO2 exchange program...that what I do...

Comment

Working...
                X