Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever "not" had problems with Danby?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever "not" had problems with Danby?

I just purchased my first Kegerator and didn't know about this forum until afterwords. Judging by all of the issues of others on this forum, I'm already having second thoughts about it. I won't know until Monday or Tuesday though because no distributors are open on the weekends around here.

I purchased Danby DKC586BL Full Sized (1/2 barrel) Chill n' Tap at Home Depot for $499. I've been looking all over the net for this model and haven't found any info on it at all. I have found plenty of feedback on the other models that accomodate up to 1/4 barrels made by Danby.

Does anyone else have this model?

If so, what problems did you encounter? and what are the fixes?

Thanks,
    HM

Unless you are handy and don't mind working on something you just paid 500 bucks for, see if you can still take it back.
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

If you have it set up ready to run put a bucket of water in it and see how cold it will get. If it's not cold enough, decision time.

Comment

I bought a 1/6th barrel of Amber Bock to test. I let it sit in the kegerator overnight.

The first glass was foamy, about 3/4 foam. the second glass only had about an inch of foam. The temp in the glass is about 38 degrees.

I think that once this is finished, probably by tomorrow if I can get the neighbors to help me devour it, I'll do some upgrades and buy a full keg of Heineken.

Thanks for the help guys,
        HD

Comment

Happy with Danby Model DKC586BL

I've had no problems with it. Very easy to use. Have it set up on the deck ready at all times.

Comment

stinks

I wa at a friends house and he just bought a Danby...it really sucked!!!! We were drinking 1/4 glasses of beer all night...the other 3/4 went to the sink

Comment

You need to show your buddy this forum so you don't have to drink foamy beer at his house.
              Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
              but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Working...
              X