Brewer Edge Controller 11???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewer Edge Controller 11???

I am also one of the many who own a Danby kegerator that has temperature cooling problems. I am wondering has anyone hooked up the Brewer Edge controller. If I am looking at pictures of the unit it looks like
    1) you put the sensor on the inside of the kegerator
    2) plug the kegerator into the controller female outlet
    3) plug the controllers male plug into the wall outlet.
    That brings me to my question. Where do you set the danby temperature controller. I would assume as low as it goes 36 degrees or do you disconnect it completely. If I am missing something please advise. Thank for any help.

You will want to disconnect the Danby control completely otherwise you are right back where you started.

Or as I did, leave the indicator live and control the compressor with the external device.
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

More Help

Psychodad How do you disconnect completly. What is it you did. Are the results what I/we are looking for. Thanks

Comment

I have a Brewer Edge Controller II on order and have the same question. I thought I read somewhere on here tha someone with a Danby disconnected the temperature sensor and this caused the compressor to stay on. If that is the case, I would assume the Controller II would work as you described. I'd also be curious how others have disconnected the Danby controller.

Comment

mhabby, I sent you a link to step by step instructions via e-mail and PM. I'll PM them to you as well mac.

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

Comment

Psychodad- Got your PM. Thanks. Since I Bought the Brewers Edge Controller, I was wondering if there was a way to cut the Danby controller without hard wiring the Brewers Edge Controller to it. Seems like it would be much easier to just plug it in (Brewers Edge comes with male and female plug to plug the Danby into, and then the controller plugs right into the wall), rather than drilling the hole and splicing wires. Do you know of a way to do this? Have you heard that disconnecting the Danbt temp. sensor will keep compressor running? If so, that might be the simplest solution. What are your thoughts. Thanks!

Comment

mhappy I agree there has to be an easier way. But I would also like to thank psychodad for his help. If there is no other way I will go with his way. mhappy please let me know what you end up doing and how it works. I have not ordered the unit let.

Comment

If you aren't comfortable doing the modifications as I did, you may try unplugging the temperature sensor and see if that causes the compressor to run full time. If it does, then just plug the kegerator plug into the Brewer's Edge controller. But by all means, DO NOT try to run your kegerator with the compressor on full time. You WILL freeze your beer.

If bypassing the temperature sensor doesn't make the compressor run full time, then you will either need to do as I did mine or at the minimum get the red wire hot BEFORE the overload element. Look at the wiring diagram and you will see what I am talking about.

But again... DO NOT RUN WITHOUT SOME KIND OF TEMPERATURE CONTROL.

Comment

unplug the unit. take the top off the kegerator, unscrew the 4 screws that hold down the cover in the back covering the circuit board. cut the red and black wires. connect the red and black wires together that are leading back to the compressor (the ones not connected to the board)

the black wire is hot, the red wire goes back to the compressor to turn it on. doing this bypasses the danby electronics all together. now you can plug in the brewmaster II in without rewiring it. this is by far the easiest way to accomplish what you wanted. make sure to cap off the red wire that is coming from the board, as that is hot when the danby controller wants to turn it on.
                  Last edited by chadschloss78; 02-05-2007, 07:52 PM.

Comment

brewers edge

Mac114, Mhabby -

I'm just curious as to whether the addition of the Brewers Edge temperature controller is enough to quell the major foam problems with the Danby unit. I'm getting pretty fed up with getting a pitcher full of foam.

tim.

Comment

Brewers Edge Controller

Tim- Brewers Edge Controller by itself will not solve your foam problems. It will only regulate the temp. better than the Danby T-stat does. you need to get cold air forced into the tower. View the posts on Danby Kegerator Improvements to see how I and others accomplished this. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                      X