Converted to Guinness - leaking at middle of faucet. Need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converted to Guinness - leaking at middle of faucet. Need advice

Just converted and everything is great except for a tough leak when i pour.
    • I have tighted up the brass connector.
    • is there an o-ring or other washer i may be missing

faucet.jpg

Any help appreciated.

Originally posted by PointPleasantNJBeerguy View Post
    Check this out.
    Thanks a bunch

I originally had problems separating part 3 to take it apart

I assume I need to remove the pin first to get it separated?

Comment

Yeah if thats where your problem is your gonna have to knock out the coil pin with a punch. I would think your issue is with part # 12 though.
      Last edited by PointPleasantNJBeerguy; 09-26-2015, 12:01 PM.
      What I got:
      Beverage Air #BM23
      with a "Sexy" Double Faucet Tower and Celli Eurpean Faucets
      -MM Premium Double Guage Primary Regulator
      -MM Premium 2 Product Secondary Regulator
      -MM S/S Keg Couplers
      YouTube video of the goods

Comment

Originally posted by PointPleasantNJBeerguy View Post
        Yeah if thats where your problem is your gonna have to knock out the coil pin with a punch. I would think your issue is with part # 12 though.
        Ok, took it all apart, different in a few ways, i.e. set screw not a pin.
        Also, the 'cushion' is not there, although i have a washer.

the large handle is a little loose as it sits on top of the bonnet. The whole thing seems to have problems.

i think at this point i pick up a new faucet. Too hard to troubleshoot.

Comment

It isnt missing, they just leak.....Its piece #12 you need to get your hands on, I have a few accounts I keep plenty in my truck for because they always seem to like to pull down too hard on the handles, which you dont need to do.

Here is a pic, just remove the handle from the metal faucet and the diaphragm is attached to the bottom of the handle

just take plyers or something and pinch the bottom and slowly turn and pull , it will come right off but there is a piece of plastic in the bottom of that rubber piece you dont want to break off, just be careful

Last edited by PremiumVADraftTech; 09-26-2015, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PremiumVADraftTech View Post
            It isnt missing, they just leak.....Its piece #12 you need to get your hands on, I have a few accounts I keep plenty in my truck for because they always seem to like to pull down too hard on the handles, which you dont need to do.

Here is a pic, just remove the handle from the metal faucet and the diaphragm is attached to the bottom of the handle

just take plyers or something and pinch the bottom and slowly turn and pull , it will come right off but there is a piece of plastic in the bottom of that rubber piece you dont want to break off, just be careful

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1443234214
            Thanks, but i definitely dont have this part.
            CUSHION

And i'm stuggling with the placement of this part.
            COLLAR

Not sure if i insert it from the bottom of the spindle assembly, from the top, and does the lip go on top or bottom.

I imagine this has something to do with the leak.
            Last edited by heynowjerry; 09-27-2015, 04:40 PM. Reason: URLs are coming through

Comment

Where did you get the handle and faucet? Best thing to do is to just get new ones, or have the ones you already have replaced instead of messing with all of the pieces , especially if you've never taken a guinness faucet apart lol

edit: the cusion or the collar you pictured dont have anything to do with the leak, its part 12 in the diagram above, they get tiny slits in them you cant see and leak
              Last edited by PremiumVADraftTech; 09-27-2015, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Where did you get the handle and faucet? Best thing to do is to just get new ones, or have the ones you already have replaced instead of messing with all of the pieces , especially if you've never taken a guinness faucet apart lol

edit: the cusion or the collar you pictured dont have anything to do with the leak, its part 12 in the diagram above, they get tiny slits in them you cant see and leak
                OK, thanks. I'll try your advice below about pulling the part out and replacing it. last question on the Collar. Do you know where that sits and if the lip is on top or below? Appreciate the support.

Comment

The collar sits around the spring I believe. Have to remove part #12 to access. I think..(Doing from memory)
                  What I got:
                  Beverage Air #BM23
                  with a "Sexy" Double Faucet Tower and Celli Eurpean Faucets
                  -MM Premium Double Guage Primary Regulator
                  -MM Premium 2 Product Secondary Regulator
                  -MM S/S Keg Couplers
                  YouTube video of the goods

Comment

Originally posted by heynowjerry View Post
                    OK, thanks. I'll try your advice below about pulling the part out and replacing it. last question on the Collar. Do you know where that sits and if the lip is on top or below? Appreciate the support.

Part 10, sits in part 12 (thats the small plastic piece I was referring to to be careful about when removing the diaphragm (12).... the collar (11) fits around part 10, but under the spring

Part 5, that the cusion sits in, if worn out (you can see grooves in it from repeated handle pulls) the handle will flop around like its loose, a new part 5 will take care of that issue
                    Last edited by PremiumVADraftTech; 09-29-2015, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Part 10, sits in part 12 (thats the small plastic piece I was referring to to be careful about when removing the diaphragm (12).... the collar (11) fits around part 10, but under the spring

Part 5, that the cusion sits in, if worn out (you can see grooves in it from repeated handle pulls) the handle will flop around like its loose, a new part 5 will take care of that issue
                      It's making sense, but there actually is NO cushion, just a flat washer, that doesn't even show up in the spec document, and the handle is flopping around loosely, so I'll work on adding a cushion, and replacing the diaphram. That hopefully should do it?

For this, 'the collar (11) fits around part 10', is the lip on top or bottom?

Comment

Originally posted by heynowjerry View Post
                        It's making sense, but there actually is NO cushion, just a flat washer, that doesn't even show up in the spec document, and the handle is flopping around loosely, so I'll work on adding a cushion, and replacing the diaphram. That hopefully should do it?

For this, 'the collar (11) fits around part 10', is the lip on top or bottom?

Yes to the first question about the cusion

And im not sure about the last, its been a while since I have rebuilt one, I believe from memory, it goes on top, dont think it will go back together if in upside down........ funny thing is I just had to go fix a leaky guinness faucet at my big guinness account this morning lol, its always the diaphragm (12), im in and out in 10 minutes, easiest service calls ever.

Comment

Yes to the first question about the cusion

And im not sure about the last, its been a while since I have rebuilt one, I believe from memory, it goes on top, dont think it will go back together if in upside down........ funny thing is I just had to go fix a leaky guinness faucet at my big guinness account this morning lol, its always the diaphragm (12), im in and out in 10 minutes, easiest service calls ever.
                          I want to thank PremiumVADraftTech and PointPleasantNJBeerGuy for the help on this. I had to step through this one, and rebuild the faucet. The diaphram was the problem for the leak (#12) and I solved that. My last issue is and I will live with it, is the top handle still flops around a touch, despite a new cushion.

At least i have good Guinness at the house. Thanks guys.
                          Last edited by heynowjerry; 10-03-2015, 04:35 PM.

Comment

No problem, the plastic piece #5 is why it flops around, the peice the cusion sits in, its annoying but doesnt make it leak/pour at least, they get grooves in them from the metal on the bottom of the actual handle

Comment

Working...
                            X