Johnson a419 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnson a419 question

Hello, my first post. Thanks for all the valuable information on here.

I am reworking an old Danby kegerator and had a question.

I have already built a tower cooler and it's working well. I am also installing a Johnson a419. The piece I received had a female and male plug. I cut the female side off, and wired according to the threads that I've read: as follows... Red wire into board capped, green to red, all three blacks together, all three whites together.

Then I plugged the male end of the Johnson into the wall. Power came on and I setup the controller. The display on the Danby comes on (Danby fan also comes on) however, I don't think the compressor is running. I am going to give it some time to start cooling, but shouldn't I be able to feel the compressor running in the back near where the wiring panel is?

Thanks in advance for your help, I hope I can get this thing working so I can stop drinking these canned beers!

Any help???

Comment

You should have been able to wire according to the fourth picture in the Danby sticky and plug the Danby into the female connector on your controller. The red wire needs to become "hot" to run the compressor.

Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
      but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Thanks psychodad, I have it working now. My a419 is set to 39degrees, and my front readout says 32..well I figured out why the front display stays at 32...it's because the can of beer I put the Danby thermometer in is FROZEN...however the readout of my a419 is in the top right front (reads 39-41). I am going to take the can of beer out and put the thermo in a cup of water, but think it will still freeze...any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by fusionhq23 View Post
          Thanks psychodad, I have it working now. My a419 is set to 39degrees, and my front readout says 32..well I figured out why the front display stays at 32...it's because the can of beer I put the Danby thermometer in is FROZEN...however the readout of my a419 is in the top right front (reads 39-41). I am going to take the can of beer out and put the thermo in a cup of water, but think it will still freeze...any ideas?
          1.) Was the can of beer touching the coldplate?

2.) The temperature can significantly differ between the bottom of the unit and the top without a circulation fan. It could easily differ by 7 degrees.

Comment

Ahh, the can is probably touching the plate. Didn't even think about that.

I guess I need to add a circulation fan, however I have a tower cooler and thought it would blow more air than it does. Maybe I can add another? I have an extra fan, but no box.

Comment

I checked, the can is not touching the plate...but there is a LOT of frost on the plate..it's only been on for about a week, should there be that much frost?! I wonder if the calibration on my Johnson is off?

Comment

Working...
              X