Water (likely condensation) collecting inside a BM23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water (likely condensation) collecting inside a BM23

I have a 3 tap set-up in my BM23, and I also added a protective "Versa-mat" under the kegs (the same mat that PointPleasantNJBeerguy uses). A few weeks ago, I noticed water collecting under the mat. I cleaned up the water and dried the inside of the unit, but ~1 week later, there was another small puddle of water in the bottom of the interior under the versa-mat. I also noticed a few spots on my hardwood floor where the water must have drained out of the unit at some point before I discovered this issue a few weeks ago.

I assume this is condensation. Is there any way to prevent this?

I keep the unit inside the house in air conditioning, so it's not like it's sitting in a hot, humid garage or outdoor situation. The unit is maintained at 38F (measured with a fancy Sure Temp liquid thermometer). I thought there would be a pretty tight envelope on the unit and there wouldn't be much condensation... Thoughts?

Also, note that water is collecting INSIDE the unit (not condensation pan underneath). It's like a small puddle on the floor of the interior that comes up to the front lip where the door closes/seals... Also, my tower also sweats a lot, but that's probably due to poor tower insulation...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Originally posted by UniqueUserName View Post
    I have a 3 tap set-up in my BM23, and I also added a protective "Versa-mat" under the kegs (the same mat that PointPleasantNJBeerguy uses). A few weeks ago, I noticed water collecting under the mat. I cleaned up the water and dried the inside of the unit, but ~1 week later, there was another small puddle of water in the bottom of the interior under the versa-mat. I also noticed a few spots on my hardwood floor where the water must have drained out of the unit at some point before I discovered this issue a few weeks ago.

I assume this is condensation. Is there any way to prevent this?

I keep the unit inside the house in air conditioning, so it's not like it's sitting in a hot, humid garage or outdoor situation. The unit is maintained at 38F (measured with a fancy Sure Temp liquid thermometer). I thought there would be a pretty tight envelope on the unit and there wouldn't be much condensation... Thoughts?

Also, note that water is collecting INSIDE the unit (not condensation pan underneath). It's like a small puddle on the floor of the interior that comes up to the front lip where the door closes/seals... Also, my tower also sweats a lot, but that's probably due to poor tower insulation...

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Your condensate pan probably is pitched back too much so condensation spilling over from pan and not into drain line. Try giving it a push up to bend slighlty.
    What I got:
    Beverage Air #BM23
    with a "Sexy" Double Faucet Tower and Celli Eurpean Faucets
    -MM Premium Double Guage Primary Regulator
    -MM Premium 2 Product Secondary Regulator
    -MM S/S Keg Couplers
    YouTube video of the goods

Comment

That seems excessive. How good are the rubber seals around the door opening? Put a lit flashlight into the fridge and close the door and check for areas where the light is coming through.

Comment

I found the issue. The sheet metal below the fan was bent down and the condensed water was not being directed to the drain line. It was running to the corner of the housing and then down into the interior of the unit. I just reached inside the unit and popped-up the bottom of that housing. Then the water drained properly.

I only discovered this when I had the unit open to do some cleaning. So much moisture was being condensed that I was able to see drops from the bottom of that housing. Then I just popped it up to direct the water away from the corner... I was lucky I was able to see the drops real-time. Normally I was never able to see drops...

Thanks for all the input. I'm VERY glad I found the issue! Now it's dry inside.

Comment

Working...
        X