Kegerator problem--help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kegerator problem--help please!

Need some help. Wife bought me a Kegerator from a local friend as a gift. Not the best quality, hence the cheap price. Anyway, plugged it in yesterday afternoon with a glass of water in it (trying to calibrate temp) and it was pretty cold when I went to bed last night. Got up today and it's barely cool and does not appear to be running. Changed the setting on the t-stat, heard a relay click and humming for 10 seconds or so, but nothing turns on. Tried to put my hand on the compressor and it's burning hot.

Not an expert, but was thinking the t-stat is shot, and the compressor is shut off in thermal protection mode.

Anyway, I unplugged the unit to let it all cool down.

Thoughts?

I appreciate any help you guys can provide me.

Some more info like brand and model of unit you have would be a good start.
    What I got:
    Beverage Air #BM23
    with a "Sexy" Double Faucet Tower and Celli Eurpean Faucets
    -MM Premium Double Guage Primary Regulator
    -MM Premium 2 Product Secondary Regulator
    -MM S/S Keg Couplers
    YouTube video of the goods

Comment

Originally posted by PointPleasantNJBeerguy View Post
      Some more info like brand and model of unit you have would be a good start.
      Vissani. Mcco49s I think.

Comment

Originally posted by esanger View Post
        Vissani. Mcco49s I think.
        Ok, came home and everything is cooled off. Plugged it in, click follwed by 10 seconds of humming (coming from near the compressor) and nothing...
        Took the 2 terminals off the t-stat and tried to jump the compressor, no luck...nothing.

So, I am guessing either it's the relay on the compressor (which I don't think it is given the click I am hearing) or the compressor itself.

Thoughts?

Given my wife paid $150 for it a few months ago, I'm not planning on dumping $100s into it unless someone here can give me some sage advice...

Comment

You need to keep your wife, that's a great gift. You need to get rid of your buddy she got it from.
          What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Originally posted by djc View Post
            You need to keep your wife, that's a great gift. You need to get rid of your buddy she got it from.
            Agree. Well, since i have all the parts, guess I will look into a new fridge.

Comment

Working...
            X