Fruit flies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fruit flies

My kegerator is in my garage. How do I keep fruit flies away from my tap?

Get one of these 40 cent rubber caps to put over the end of the faucet. 404 - File or directory not found.
    Last edited by djc; 07-05-2015, 07:55 PM.
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

I like the San Jamar Kleen Plugs. Just throw them in the bucket when cleaning your lines to clean up.

San Jamar KLP200 Kleen Plug Beer Tap Plugs 5 / Pack
      What I got:
      Beverage Air #BM23
      with a "Sexy" Double Faucet Tower and Celli Eurpean Faucets
      -MM Premium Double Guage Primary Regulator
      -MM Premium 2 Product Secondary Regulator
      -MM S/S Keg Couplers
      YouTube video of the goods

Comment

The items that the other people referred to above me work well. I think you should clean those every day as well if you use them on your system. However....If you're already infested there are two things that can decrease their populations almost immediately.

1. Take a small glass and pour either white vinegar, white wine or beer (if you must) about 1" from the bottom and then take the SMALLEST drop of dawn or similar dish soap and drop it into the glass of liquid. This will trap them and kill them. They try to drink the liquid but because of the soap they get pulled into the liquid and drown. I think the soap breaks the surface tension or something like that. I'm not a scientist, I swing a hammer for a living.
        2. Oscillating fan on low. Fruit flies are weak little wimps and any tiny gust throws them around so they can't land/eat. More importantly the flies can not lay more eggs.

I guess the other obvious thing you can do is keep everything clean as a whistle.
        Good luck.

Comment

The Kleen Plug and faucet caps are great items. If you already have an infestation of fruit flies, look into "Fruit Fly Away". These things are amazing in getting rid of fruit flies. If you can't find a local source, message me, I have some.

Comment

I've had an issue for the last couple of weeks with a bit of a house fly infestation. Not your small fruit flies, but the bigger, more annoying typical house fly. I'm used to seeing one or two here and there, but now when I get home in the evenings I will see 7-15 or flies buzzing around my patio door. I went under the crawl space last weekend and didn't see any dead animals, but it definitely seems like the flies are coming from the fireplace area, or possibly through some floor vents. I sprayed a good bit of home pest control stuff down one of the vents, all around the patio doors and all around and inside the fireplace. Now the last couple of days, I've found 20-30 dead flies on the floor by the patio doors!

At this point, I'd like to call an exterminator, but I've heard it is hard for them to deal with flying insects. Anyone have any thoughts or advice on how to solve this problem? But don't know if they work well. So wait for any solution of this problem.

Comment

Working...
            X