Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any perspective on Bev Seal Ultra tubing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any perspective on Bev Seal Ultra tubing?

Based on what I've read on this forum, folks recommend the 3/16" vinyl tubing from Micromatic as a solid choice. I've read about 3/16" Bev Seal Ultra on other forums, esp home brewers, and they rave about those beer lines. Theoretically, you should have less negative impacts to taste, and the clean outs are better. Thoughts?

2 other questions:
    1) It sounds like they're a pain to deal with, but I'd get the John Guest compression fittings to make it easier. Anything else to be concerned about?
    2) The tubing is more rigid, so you have to carefully coil it. Also, the inside resistance is less, so you need a slightly longer tube than vinyl. I plan to have three 1/6 kegs on tap in my BM23. Has anyone used three taps worth of Bev Seal tubing in that small of a space? Is it an issue?

Thanks in advance!

I can see that tubing be a pain in the *** squeezing three kegs into the bm23. Since they aren't that flexible.I see kinking becoming an issue. I've used MM tubing for years. It depends on you cleaning schedule and brand of cleaner being used on how clean you get your lines.
    What I got:
    Beverage Air #BM23
    with a "Sexy" Double Faucet Tower and Celli Eurpean Faucets
    -MM Premium Double Guage Primary Regulator
    -MM Premium 2 Product Secondary Regulator
    -MM S/S Keg Couplers
    YouTube video of the goods

Comment

I use bevseal ultra for my lines. I love it. I only have a dual tap, though. Absolutely no off flavors. It also is a smaller diameter than vinyl tubing, so it takes up less space in your tower. This means there is more room for air flow in your tower. Kinking is not really an issue, because the line is quite rigid. I just coil mine and use zip ties to secure it. I leave enough slack so the kegs can come out of the kegerator while still attached. My lines are about 12 feet. I get a very nice pour speed.

Comment

Originally posted by UniqueUserName View Post
        Based on what I've read on this forum, folks recommend the 3/16" vinyl tubing from Micromatic as a solid choice. I've read about 3/16" Bev Seal Ultra on other forums, esp home brewers, and they rave about those beer lines.
        I'm a home brewer myself, and I've found that home brew forums are notoriously terrible about bandwagoning. As a result, take what they say on homebrewtalk and the like with a grain of salt.
        Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
        but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Does anyone know the resistance per foot on the bev-seal line? I have read anywere from .5 to .65 lbs per ft.
          Jeff

Comment

Working...
          X