Getting a lot of foam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22lude,
    Other Nostalgia owners have posted that they got tons of gear which didn't make sense, the instructions have the spring point down on the torpedo with the duck bill side toward spring (does that make sense?), honestly just run without the valve. faucet shouldn't shouldn't have any spring, maybe extra washer between shank and faucet? or missing probe seal (pic of bottom of coupler would confirm)?
    If still using stock shank, the 90 down might be causing the foam.
    KB

Comment

Originally posted by KillianBoy View Post
      h22lude,
      Other Nostalgia owners have posted that they got tons of gear which didn't make sense, the instructions have the spring point down on the torpedo with the duck bill side toward spring (does that make sense?), honestly just run without the valve. faucet shouldn't shouldn't have any spring, maybe extra washer between shank and faucet? or missing probe seal (pic of bottom of coupler would confirm)?
      If still using stock shank, the 90 down might be causing the foam.
      KB
      Yeah so the ball side goes in first (making the ball side towards the keg and the duck bill side pointing up). Then you are saying the larger spring that was installed in the faucet goes in instead of the smaller spring? I can take some pictures today. He did pull some beer this morning and is still getting foam but not as much. I'm bringing my good digital brewing thermometer with me to test the beer temp. If it is too high I will adjust the screw in the thermostat.

Comment

h22lude,
        I attached a pic of what I found in the instructions I downloaded, honestly I'd just leave them out, but if flowing better then try and see.
        I wouldn't touch the screw, just set about 3/4 of full and leave for 20-24 hours untouched, opening door can cause serious temperature problems, adjusting the screw should be the ABSOLUTE last resort.
        I think right now gear is the cause of the foam, not temperature or balance, check out my newbie thread (search newbie or go to my profile to find) for tips and help on balance.
        I kinda wish the Nostalgia owners would help out but most post and run, the ones that stick around replace all their parts with MM gear.
        No need to quote in response, just respond, if you are getting some beer color in flow and not all white, it might just be only balance. Next post, PSI, temperature and describe flow from faucet. You might have to put some sort of circulating fan in unit, I would do this before a tower cooler. Without circulation, you may have to pull 3+ beers before you get a good temperature reading. Try and pull one beer, test, pour in pitcher, 2nd glass, test, pour in pitcher, and so on and so forth, if gets colder and colder, you need a circulating fan, if 1st warm, then steady thereafter and just a little foamy it might be balance.
        KB
        Attached Files
        Last edited by KillianBoy; 04-17-2015, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X