Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BM23 Craigslist Find, Repairable? Or recycle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BM23 Craigslist Find, Repairable? Or recycle?

Hello All,

First post & yup, another Beverage Air BM23 found on Craigslist thread! Sorry! So, a couple of months ago I picked up a BM23 for $100. I knew then that it wasn't working but I figured what the heck! It had a two-tap tower, sankes connectors, etc. enough parts in good shape that if it didn't work I still made out OK.

So, previous owner tells me that it leaks for sure. His AC guy (that's home AC guy) added a valve for refrigerant to the loop. The PO said it will run for 4 days then not cool. For me it's never cooled. Also the fan in the box is sorta noisy like in a bad bearing type of way I think.

Obviously, they never solved the leak. So, I'm trying to gauge wether it's worth the cost of finding someone to fix it. I'd like a nice commercial one for the back porch this summer. But if I'm going to get into this for $500 then I can keep scouring the internet for a working one!

I've added a couple of photos. Looks like this one was born in 2006 so it's old but NOT reaalllllllly old! Ha!

Thanks for reading through this and any help you might be able to give!

-Scott
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Scott Audette; 03-15-2015, 02:43 PM.

More photos

A few more photos:

DSCF0741.jpg

DSCF0763.jpg

DSCF0765.jpg
    Last edited by Scott Audette; 03-15-2015, 02:42 PM. Reason: adding photos

Comment

Don't bother wasting your money just pumping unit up. It will just leak again.7 out of 10 leaks are in the evaporator coil which trying to find or even repair leak are really never fixed. Without buying a new coil and having it installed and recharged your wasting time and $$.you will probably be approaching $500 to fix. Usually people are dumping these on Craigslist cheap for a reason..
      What I got:
      Beverage Air #BM23
      with a "Sexy" Double Faucet Tower and Celli Eurpean Faucets
      -MM Premium Double Guage Primary Regulator
      -MM Premium 2 Product Secondary Regulator
      -MM S/S Keg Couplers
      YouTube video of the goods

Comment

I'm sure you know a new BM23 is about $1,500.00. I just had a new compressor installed in a 2004 model by a refrigeration guy for $300.00. With the current home brewing craze going in my area, all of the $100.00 working, commercial grade kegerators have vanished. To me $500.00 in a unit like that Is not unreasonable. There are plenty of new units in the $300.00-$500.00 range but they are nothing like the Beverage Air, Trues or Perlicks. A reputable refrigeration shop will guaranty their repair.
        Last edited by aerovan; 03-16-2015, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the all the info.

Comment

Working...
          X