Thermostat Caplary Tubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermostat Caplary Tubes

Between my son in law and I, we have three older Beverage Air Bm23s and an old obsolete Flagon 400 which uses many similar parts. I am wondering how to tell which thermostat capillary tubes should be mounted in the slot in the evaporator and which are for air temp and need to be mounted on the back of the cabinet wall just below the evaporator. Suppliers do not specify the difference, I'm always on the watch for a bargain on old kegerators and my knowledge of refrigeration comes only from what I read on this forum. My old units have the tube mounted directly on the evaporator coils but a 2004 unit I bought had it mounted to the back of the cabinet, just below the evaporator. I mounted the new tube there but the temperature was not constant. I moved it to the slot in the evaporator and the temp is now holding very steady. Is there a way to recognize which tubes are for air temp and which are for evaporator temp?

Originally posted by aerovan View Post
    ...Is there a way to recognize which tubes are for air temp and which are for evaporator temp?
    Short answer... Nope.

Each control is specific to the model of cooler it is meant for. The controls that sense air temp react very differently than ones that sense evaporator temp. There is a large variation of them & they are not interchangeable.

​THE ICEMAN
    Last edited by THE ICEMAN; 03-09-2015, 04:51 AM.
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

I wonder when I order a new thermostat if I am getting one for the newer models, with capillary tube mounted outside of the evaporator housing, or if they are the same as the older ones with capillary tube mounted directly on the evaporator coils. The last two I got did not come with any paperwork telling where to mount the tube.

Comment

Originally posted by aerovan View Post
        I wonder when I order a new thermostat if I am getting one for the newer models, with capillary tube mounted outside of the evaporator housing, or if they are the same as the older ones with capillary tube mounted directly on the evaporator coils. The last two I got did not come with any paperwork telling where to mount the tube.
        When you order the control you should always provide the serial number of the unit. This would tell the factory the age of the unit & any modifications that may have been done in that time period. This will ensure you get the proper part specific for your unit.

​THE ICEMAN
        Last edited by THE ICEMAN; 03-09-2015, 06:44 PM. Reason: Typo
        My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
        "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
        -Dave Barry-
        "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
        Strong beer is the milk of the old."
        -Martin Luther-

Comment

Working...
        X